F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

181 - 200 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Let me know how they do. I am waiting for a new windshield before I get new wipers. I got a rock chip last fall and it literally borders my windshield now LOL it looks so stupid.
Used a few time so far, yes they are new wipers, but I do think they are working better than stock. I think it is worth the extra bucks. With them and my window ceramic coating, they clear water so nicely. Maybe it's just my OCD.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Used a few time so far, yes they are new wipers, but I do think they are working better than stock. I think it is worth the extra bucks. With them and my window ceramic coating, they clear water so nicely. Maybe it's just my OCD.
Still putting money everywhere else instead of my windshield. It has not gone inside the border so I can still see fine. :/ To replace or not to replace

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
I'm wondering how much the Ford rain sensing windshield replacement costs? I'm betting it's hefty?

It's supposed to be pretty expensive even on the tiny Mazdarati. It's been dinged twice but I immediately drove to the ding guy both times. So far no spider cracks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
I'm wondering how much the Ford rain sensing windshield replacement costs? I'm betting it's hefty?

It's supposed to be pretty expensive even on the tiny Mazdarati. It's been dinged twice but I immediately drove to the ding guy both times. So far no spider cracks.

It was actually only slightly more expensive than non. I viewed both part numbers.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts

I got hit by a rock from big rig cruising down the highway. Before I knew it, it was about a foot long and I was about 8 hours away from home.

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
I got hit by a rock from big rig cruising down the highway. Before I knew it, it was about a foot long and I was about 8 hours away from home.
Yea, believe me, I was fortunate and I knew it too.

Even an almost invisible repair sorta drives me nuts. Which is not like me. But for whatever reason I really appreciate a perfectly clean and clear glass to view through. After every detail on any of my vehicles, it's actually clean glass and mirrors that I most appreciate.

So a crack that makes a run across or up, even on the passenger side, is something that can irritate me.

I guess mud and bugs don't bother nearly as much because they have no threat of permanence? Dings and cracks, on the other hand, squat and claim residence.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
New tires installed at 48k.

Got the Michelin Defender LTX MS from Costco, 130$ rebate. The best thing is no more white lettering!

Tire "shine" is provided my Mckees tire coating. I say shine because this stuff is more a natural look as you see, I like that a lot better than shine. Stuff is amazing. Last for months on DD and does not fling because it is like a latex coating.

I don't notice that much difference in ride, maybe a little better but not like wow. Less noise I do believe though. Enjoy.

New front.jpg

New rear.jpg

Old STR 48K 1.jpg

Old STR 48K 2.jpg

Old STR 48K 3.jpg

Old STR 48K 4.jpg

Old STR 48K 5.jpg

Old STR 48k.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
I'm surprised you didn't find the difference more noticeable. Especially considering the wear on the old tires.

I know those Michelins don't look as sexy as the big treaded popular tires, but I like them for street use.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
I'm surprised you didn't find the difference more noticeable. Especially considering the wear on the old tires.

I know those Michelins don't look as sexy as the big treaded popular tires, but I like them for street use.

I think they look pretty cool, but then again I think big threaded AT/mud etc look dumb, lol.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #191 (Edited)
Here are the treads. I really like the design, specifically the outside edge, I am not sure why.

New Tread.jpg

I got the CR performance manifolds back from coating. The original coating CR put on it was stripped and Cerakote ceramic 2000 was applied. Also Cerakote was applied to the mini heat shield deals. This combo plus my turbo blanket should really keep a lot of heat down.

cerakote.jpg

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
@Boostking another huge shout out to him. s some of you know, I was one of the early ones with him after reading the thread I had to reach out. We have been going through a number of revisions dialing it in and then just recently I ran into a couple issues with SCT. HE pulled through both times and took care of me, with this last issue being today loading error. I wont go into all the details but just A+ for him. Looking forward to the next tune with new turbos. THANK YOU

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Temps going to be 100+, high humidity, feeling like 115+ Saturday. Let's see how the ole ecoboost handles some pulls in that temp.

Not worried, take care of your **** and it'll be fine!

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
1. I have had this new tires installed for 1 month and I already have a nail in one. **** pisses me off!!!!!!
2. ambient temps were 100-104 all day, plus humidity. I did a pull and ECT was at 205 the whole time. Cruising with the AC on, ECT stayed at 200. Everyone saying their ECT is 210-215 plus, driving around (Shrug). This is a stock radiator/cooling system on performance tune. I don't see a reason for me to install a cooler T stat or anything else for everyone freaking out about this. I would check your datalogs before worrying about this.

·
Administrator
9,483 Posts
@admin FIX THE DAMN THREADS. I AM STUCK AGAIN, ONLY SEEING UP TO PAGE 12
You may also have some other issue going on. Both of the last two threads you've commented this on seem fine for most. You might want to start by clearing your cache. Others may have more advice.

If it's not just you and it continues, it seems our only recourse is to close the thread, and start a part two. I hate to do that on folks' build threads if it can be helped.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
509 Posts
@admin FIX THE DAMN THREADS. I AM STUCK AGAIN, ONLY SEEING UP TO PAGE 12
Clear all browsing history if on a desktop. Uninstall the tapatalk app and reinstall it if on mobile

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
181 - 200 of 213 Posts
About this Discussion
212 Replies
28 Participants
R0bCincy
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing