F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

381 - 400 of 447 Posts

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #381
Fresh cleaned K and N. tried to take a pick inside the tube, but the flash grabbed the front. I ran my hand in there and nothing, completely clean and dry. Filter has been on since before 1000miles.

·
Vendor
7,501 Posts
@BRoell you got a mini one? lol My RX i had drilled into the passenger tube (selling with kit) i bought a new replacement factory tube. I felt like it has never sealed well where I drilled into it. As I said, my RX served well over the years and has kept intercooler clean.
His is a custom spec we have made for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
7,501 Posts
Well, in 6 years of ownership, I have my first problems.
1) the vacuum pump oil leak, this can happen with high milesage but also I am running more boost, so whos to say the crank case/internal pressure didn't cause this gasket to fail.
2) Last Saturday my HVAC fan went nuts
3) previously I had the door lock on driver side sticking. I put a little wd40 on it and it has never had a problem since. So I do not count that as an issue.

For 6 years, that aint bad. I have had a tune almost the entire time. Never one single misfire. Catch can and intercooler as I said since day one...

So, last saturday I was out doing some errands and had the ac on. When I got home, i turned it off. Came back to truck a few hours later and the fan started blowing almost as high as it could (from the sound). This is with the HVAC system completely shut off, pretty odd right?. Turning it on, did nothing. Adjusting the knob did nothing. The AC button would toggle the ac on and off still. The setting between vent and foot would still toggle. So i knew nothing was wrong there. This issue gave no warning signs at all.

Did some google searches and apparently this is a common problem, very quick to find. The blower control module fails. There is no resistor in it, so it should not fail, it is "solid state" but it commonly fails. Lucky for us, this thing is right behind the glove box. I confirmed this was this issue by simply unplugging the plug and the fan instantly shut off. I ordered the motorcraft part and replaced yesterday, fan works as normal now.

View attachment 166925

View attachment 166926
Just happened to my gen1 thanks for sharing

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #384
See post #217 in this thread. Another member had pictures of the the issue I explained under problems in post 217:

1. Stock, grove edge that hooks on prongs is not into the prongs stock.

After you bend the bracket, you can see the edge is all the way in the quick fitting.

·
Vendor
7,501 Posts
See post #217 in this thread. Another member had pictures of the the issue I explained under problems in post 217:

1. Stock, grove edge that hooks on prongs is not into the prongs stock.
View attachment 167961

After you bend the bracket, you can see the edge is all the way in the quick fitting.

View attachment 167962
Hit it in with a small dead blow and they seat all the way

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #386
Hit it in with a small dead blow and they seat all the way

In my case I pulled the passenger ac and line, bent it. The driver side not hidden behind anything, put a long screw driver through fenderwell and hit it with hammer and it popped in. Just trying to post as much info for anyone who sees in future. Bottom line, the block quick connect o rings will break seal when your pulling line out at turbo. I suggest putting new fittings in plus modifying bracket.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #387
His is a custom spec we have made for us

What is difference? I feed a snake camera in the catch can and see its chambers and design. You could just drill it on passenger side and connect to that side. I dont want the hole anymore in the tube.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #388
HP tuners for the win.

A write entire file takes 4-5min and a write calibration took 45 seconds today to go from 87 to 93 tune. Now we're talking.

SCT x4 for sale soon

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #390
I can access the file and see all the changes made. Trying to learn the basic things. Lots of stuff but no I am still using Boostking.

I set up a logging tab and made gauges though on my laptop, they activate with color so i can see if an issue while driving during a pull!

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #391
Here are the gauges I made. I will add/adjust as i see fit. When it gets into my set parameters of "DANGER" the gauge will flash red.

In the screen grab below, this was in 2nd gear. 6-8degrees on timing, 18-19lbs of boost, 93e10 GT turbos. Send it. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
1,618 Posts
Crap ! I can't imagine having 20 psi boost ! My 15 psi gets me to the speed limiter VERY FAST 😳

Reactions: WooBoost

·
Premium Member
7,653 Posts
Crap ! I can't imagine having 20 psi boost ! My 15 psi gets me to the speed limiter VERY FAST
It's an amazing difference.

Basically 100HP
And the torque to accompany it.

Add to that a well tuned transmission strategy and its a pickup truck package that simply sets the bar.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,630 Posts

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #396
How’s the can working? Does it seem to actually vent the crankcase more?
I guess it working? 🤷‍♂️ It will need more miles to see if anything drains out. This weekend i am going to add quick connect to the passenger head. As you see the hose is barely hanging on but it was for testing, not a lot of pressure on it to worry about it coming off.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Hptuners is def awesome. Ive been using it to flash some of my own tunes here and there.

Check this out:

There are some difference in the 2011-2014’s but pretty small and they cover most of them.

What this really helps with is understanding what the Torque source, airflow source and spark source numbers mean when you log them. That will ultimately help you figure out what is running the show in certain conditions.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
Hptuners is def awesome. Ive been using it to flash some of my own tunes here and there.

Check this out:

There are some difference in the 2011-2014’s but pretty small and they cover most of them.

What this really helps with is understanding what the Torque source, airflow source and spark source numbers mean when you log them. That will ultimately help you figure out what is running the show in certain conditions.
I like that site, reference it pretty often.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #400
Here is some more pictures:

First four pics are to show from my comment a few posts before this on wool wax tinted black, it is like fluid film. It is a great option for the axle. Dont get to see the diffcover and driveshaft(custom) too often. Good view for the honduhs to see.

The q tip was junk that was inside the factory quick connect on the manifold after the thottle body where the PCV line would normally go. I noticed crap in it and took a sample. This is with RX catch can. Im thinking oil still gets by the catch can and then this is dirt latching on over the years? idk. I cleaned the hole out with my finger before putting the FUllrace block off plate in. I stuck a camera in the intake and there is a light coat of oil still it looks like.

Finally, I added the quick connect back on passenger side and pushed the hose all the way up on the AN fitting (see previous post of gap)

381 - 400 of 447 Posts