F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

401 - 420 of 447 Posts

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #401
@Blown F-150 no wheel hop. We will see what happens on sticky track.

@SrpRacing I noticed upon fresh tune, the rpms fluctuates by a few hundred rpm for a few seconds but then levels out immediately

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #403
Could be since that calibrated leak(pcv) is gone it may take a bit to adjust the idle.

How does the oil seem?
Oil in what sense?

Cold start has a little more of the "vibration" but Im thinking that is from the colder plugs

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
As in does it smell more like fuel now? Since there’s no constant vacuum on it now I’ve always wondered how well the oil stayed clean.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #405
As in does it smell more like fuel now? Since there’s no constant vacuum on it now I’ve always wondered how well the oil stayed clean.
Im not following, why would fuel in oil change?

For the record though, my rx catch can drain always smelled like fuel. The OEM pcv I pulled out smelled like fuel. However my oil tests show low fuel. I havent done one in a while but before winter hits, Ill be changing the oil and sending a sample in this time.

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
My mistake on the confusion. I thought removing the pcv suction doesn’t keep the oil as clean as it should be. I was seeing if this were true based on your observations.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #407
My mistake on the confusion. I thought removing the pcv suction doesn’t keep the oil as clean as it should be. I was seeing if this were true based on your observations.
I guess we will find out. This will definitely not be purging as much out of boost with no intake reference, but it will still be doing some due to the fact with no PCV, it will always be venting.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #408
I got some tin snips and did the @Blown F-150 HPFP mod today in preparation for the the install.

Still no broken red tabs yet, lol

and then i put down deposit for reserve on my new 2020 ecoboost.

·
Premium Member
3,250 Posts

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #411
Exedy Stage 2 Clutch & Steel Kit (Increased Clutch Capacity in 2-6, 3-5-R & 4-5-6)
300M Billet Intermediate Shaft
New OE Filter
New Valve Body Plate. New Gaskets, Seals & Rings
Valve Body is performance calibrated to our Specs
Lubrication Modifications
Full Time Cooler Flow
Transmission end play is set to our Specs

This on top of
-new bearings
-cleaning
-new seals
-new Ford lead frame w/ updated Foam insert
-I had them add second magnet as newer 6r80 have (15+)
-New Ford bulkhead connector
-etc

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Who did the work?

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #413
-Put the built transmission in
-Billet circle d converter
-Raptor transmission mount
-New o ring on vacuum pump
-New Rear main seal

We made sure to measure the converter stock vs circle d once set and it was only 1/16 difference...so hopefully it was set all the way. I put about a half quart in it before putting on and also lubed the input shaft.

Finally remembered to take pictures! I always forget, like during turbo install. I still missed a lot of stuff though to grab pics of.

Due to moving the reluctor wheel, I did a crank relearn. Also gotta make sure you change solenoid strategy and Body ID using forscan or IDS.

The rear main was hard to tell if it had a leak, I believe it was a small leak on the bottom, but it was basically nothing. The vacuum pump you can clearly see the leak and it was evident it was hitting top side of bellhousing.

The only issue I am having right now, is I have a grinding type noise at lower rpm at lower speeds that I believe is coming from a vibration at the driveshaft? I believe it is due to the raptor transmission mount. I need to investigate more this weekend...i may put the stock mount back in. I probably should not have done that while installing a new transmission because you immediately think the transmission is broke or the converter is not set all the way :cry:

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #414
Replace these O rings.

These are weird bolt heads that bolt the transfer case to transmission. They also seem to be aluminum? Very light weight.

Inspection plate above the starter on passeneger side. This is how you tighten the converter nuts, very tight to get to. I took a pic because it is weird that even odd things like this have part numbers.

Stock converter

I thought this was odd the one line is pushed all the way in the jiffy tite and the one is not. I did not touch these!! If it started leaking after trying to push it in, no way to fix that.

Vacuum pump leak.

The cam shaft that drives the vacuum pump

·
Registered
5,644 Posts

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #416
Crank relearn. ECT has to be 180, then you just rev it to 4500 and that's it. Highest I ever reved in park before was like 3k lol.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
401 - 420 of 447 Posts