F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
521 - 540 of 556 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,447 Posts
I think I commented I replaced throttle body while apart just because they fail at higher mileage.

I also replaced all 4 O2 sensors to do it while apart.

The only thing I have to replace now is alt/starter/intank pump. Everything else is new. 😵😭 Ill be the one waiving in an old truck when you all are driving electric vehicles in 10 years.
And regular e15 will be $6/gal :(

·
Registered
6,098 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,447 Posts

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #524 ·
I’ve never seen it .
Look it up. There is a website that tells you about it and you can search for near by stations. It is slowly becoming more prevalent.

Most places now, everything has e10 in it.

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,447 Posts
Is it much more expensive than 87 e10 ? It’s all about to get expensive again. Right at start of camping season (March).

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would show that to the dealership and have the fuel in oil TSB done. I believe it involves replacing the HPFP O ring.

Also the short commutes can cause high fuel content. I would go for a long drive and then maybe resample.
sorry to act stupid but what is the 'HPFP' o ring ????

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
9,455 Posts
I know it makes you feeeeel "stupid" if you don't know an often used acronym, but it's a lie. You ain't.

HighPressureFuelPump
HPFP
Mounted on top of your valve cover and driven by a dedicated cam lobe with the mission of creating as much as 2000+psi. (nature of modern DI [Direct Injection])
Not to be confused with the lpfp. Yea, LowPressureFuelPump. Lol
(the traditional one that is submerged in your gas tank)

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
448 Posts
Also the source of that clicking sound that you may think are your valves (especially if your used to the LS)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #529 ·
What a mess today was. Continuing really only driving on the weekends while working from home still. Just got to 500 miles on new engine so changing oil again.

inspected some underside items and drained oil. Got to filter, the amsoil cap filter wrench didnt fit the motorcraft filter. WTF! I was so pissed, I sent Amsoil an email. Should freaking fit all cross reference filters.. This Amsoil one is only one I have to fit these small filters. And apparently my buddy that did engine swap put the filter on with a jack hammer. Could not get it to move.

Filled new oil, drove to parts store to get one to fit on motorcraft and an extra quart of oil to be safe, came back home and swapped filters.

Again, heat cycled engine on the break in oil that was in it from Ford. Put syn blend in for 500. Now put new syn blend, going to go 1000, then back to amsoil.

O also, people complain about amsoil prices....a quart of motorcraft syn blend was 7.50 at autozone, lol.

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,447 Posts
Yep. The MC oil is expensive also !

Reactions: Grim Reaper

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,447 Posts
Walmart seems to be the best place to get it. But they don’t carry the Motorcraft Full Synthetic.
Same here and I wonder if they just don’t sell enough to justify keeping it stocked.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #534 ·
drain bolts on turbo from hardware store. stainless steel. The stock ones broke tightening down. Probably the 3rd time reusing them. The one thing I didnt think of to replace.

COllant is 2018+ v-13-g. Says yellow but looks more green. SOme orange mixed in from residual fluid from radiator.

Replaced elbow with peg unit. Stock elbow was not leaking at 60k

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #536 ·
Came out to truck the other night and it appears someone let their baby puke on my wheel? That was fun cleaning off.

Detailed the bed yesterday. It has dust build up over the years and then i got oil in it from hauling old engine. Scrubbed with dawn and then coated with 303. It is line x premium.

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
I sure hope it was a baby 🤮

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #538 ·

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
drain bolts on turbo from hardware store. stainless steel. The stock ones broke tightening down. Probably the 3rd time reusing them. The one thing I didnt think of to replace.

COllant is 2018+ v-13-g. Says yellow but looks more green. SOme orange mixed in from residual fluid from radiator.

Replaced elbow with peg unit. Stock elbow was not leaking at 60k
Think that's because those capacrews are torque to yield with the extra 30 deg turn after torque?

What thread and size were they I should grab some from work as I plan on doing the manifold tomorrow?

Reactions: sleipnir

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #540 ·
Think that's because those capacrews are torque to yield with the extra 30 deg turn after torque?

What thread and size were they I should grab some from work as I plan on doing the manifold tomorrow?
I have had mine out a number of times like I said.

The drain was leaking with new engine and tried to make it tighter and bolt snapped. Just make sure you get new gasket. Not sure on the thread, I forget.

521 - 540 of 556 Posts