F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
541 - 556 of 556 Posts

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Came out to truck the other night and it appears someone let their baby puke on my wheel? That was fun cleaning off.

Detailed the bed yesterday. It has dust build up over the years and then i got oil in it from hauling old engine. Scrubbed with dawn and then coated with 303. It is line x premium.
What an inconsiderate LOW LIFE! Should have AT LEAST rinsed it off.

That's as bad as someone letting their dog crap on your lawn and NOT picking it up.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #543 ·
What an inconsiderate LOW LIFE! Should have AT LEAST rinsed it off.

That's as bad as someone letting their dog crap on your lawn and NOT picking it up.
The only thing I would have wanted, is for them to come into the business and tell the front desk and provide plate of my truck. Be decent person. But I am glad they did not try to wipe it off because the black wheels scratch easy and also glad it did not get on paint I guess.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #544 ·
I had another incident 2 months back I did not post picture of. Someone was using my bed rail to set their pop can on, it slid off the rail into the bed and splashed all over the bed. They left their can and everything in it and left. I dumped some water on it to rinse out, but that, combined with the oil and dirt in my bed was a reason why i detailed bed.

·
Registered
2015 Ford F150 XL 2.7 Supercab
213 Posts
What is it about some people that makes them think that type of behavior is OK? I once saw a guy park next to my old F150, get out, and dump the trash from his car in the bed of my truck. I didn't have time to stop him in the act (I was eating with my ex in a busy restaurant and saw it through the window), but I did go out, move all the trash to his hood and windshield, and leave him a note "politely" explaining that my truck is not his trash can. I wish I could have been there when he came out!

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #546 ·
Pulled the wheels a few weeks ago and scrubbed the barrels, scraped out the drilled and slots of rotors with built up dust, cleaned calipers, scrubbed the rubber. Ceramic cost barrels, ceramic coat spokes and coated tires in acrylic coating. This tire coating last months daily driving, even in rain! Its been a little over 2 years i think? of leaving wheels on truck, very minimal dust build up in barrels due to ceramic pads putting off very low dust.

I also checked the pads on front, as people always say inside wearing out really fast. Inside looks a little thinner than outside, I didnt look into it that much. It was 95 degrees and I was dying. That being said, still looks like a lot of pad life left so not worried about it. I have r1 concepts rotors and ceramic pads.

-Pics of pads, this was before calipers were cleaned!
-Didnt take pics of barrels
-Wheel pic alone is 1 coat of tire coating
-Truck pic is 2 coatings.

Edit- to do fresh strip and recoat of ceramic on paint soon. Been 2 years. Waiting for pollen to settle down. Have already ceramic coated all glass with fresh glass coat.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #549 ·
Strip and put new ceramic coat on this weekend. Pissed off, I bought a new bottle months ago and it hardened. New formula has very low shelf life. Have to throw it away. My old bottle they said would still protect but not as long. Going to top coat it this weekend with ceramic spray for sacrifice layer.

Next year I am going to step up and buy more expensive coating and see how it works.

·
Premium Member
4,165 Posts
I'm finally planning on trying out this Poor Boy's coating this weekend. If it doesn't hold up great over the year, I was thinking about trying Gyeon.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #552 ·
Put the good juice in it a few weekends back aka AMSOIL. Tune is back on to a place safe enough and to still enjoy, limiting to 17psi.

There is a still a small leak on the driver trubo, probably just going to leave it. It is making the front hub of front driveshaft moist and a little on sway bar. I just wipe it all off on oil change.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #553 ·
Ive also only ever ran shell in the truck. I was getting some knock recently, even on concervative tune. I was at costco and decided to try their gas, the OAR pegged out at -1 and all knock went away, even on more power. Anytime I am in area, I will get gas there.

Not to mention, Shell 93 is like $4+, Costco was $2.99, lol! Although last weekend it was up to $3.20.

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,447 Posts
I have good results on Shell or Conoco 93 E10, as far as towing power. Exxon seems a tad less ooomph for some reason. Those are my 3 local choices for 93.

·
Premium Member
4,165 Posts
Ive also only ever ran shell in the truck. I was getting some knock recently, even on concervative tune. I was at costco and decided to try their gas, the OAR pegged out at -1 and all knock went away, even on more power. Anytime I am in area, I will get gas there.

Not to mention, Shell 93 is like $4+, Costco was $2.99, lol! Although last weekend it was up to $3.20.
It's a pretty general statement, but Costco gas is pretty darn good. I can only get 91 from them around here, so not really a option for me, however they usually go through so much volume that the gas is always "fresh".

·
Premium Member
2012 f150 3.5 platinum 4x4
157 Posts
It's a pretty general statement, but Costco gas is pretty darn good. I can only get 91 from them around here, so not really a option for me, however they usually go through so much volume that the gas is always "fresh".
And you sir have just hit the nail on the head!

Fresh fuel is so ...SO very key .
Especially when you are running any fully revised to with max timing for that octane.

Not a hijack, just want to add some valuable fuel info.

I run a fully revised e30 tune ( both pumps upgraded, with meth/ stock snails )

I always test my ethanol @ the pump, and I also have a Innovate ethanol gauge/sensor on the pillar.
My standard mix is either e85(e70) with non oxy 91 from station A, and e85(e90) with non oxy 91 from station B.

I have ran into what I thought was a tuning issue while doing revising a month back, and realized I got shitty fuel, ( 1 day good the next bad ) 1 day station A , the next station B. < lesson learned, only 1 station while doing revisions! >

I've only been running my mix from station A lately, but I have been progressively getting more and more +knock ( low/no load , low rpm low throttle input.) So bad that the last time it crashed my oar all the way from-.96 to +.51!! [ increasingly more and more +knock. [ very glad I have a meth kit ]!!
I tested everything I could think of.
Then 1 thing occurred to me.
Prior to this experience I had thought I had gotten bad ethanol from station B.
But when this event happened it made me remember getting bad 91 non oxy years back.

Up here it is labeled off road use only.
( my thought being it sets to long in the tank and slowly degrades ) hence the progression of more and more +knock.

I went and filled half my tank up with station B e85 and station C 93e7 and what do you know ..
Oar sky rockets right back to-.96 and I am adding timing like the beast she is with up to 4°of -knock, or in other words +4° of advanced timing.
Damn these things sound awesome when you can get ALL the timing!! .

So in conclusion, when in doubt pinky out!. Wait ..wait.. that's not right, when in doubt, poor it out!. And get better FUEL!!!.

As blown f150 stated, FRESH FUEL!!
Such an important aspect to allow these things to run at peak performance safely.

Oook.. you can continue with you regularly broadcasted entertainment. 😁

541 - 556 of 556 Posts