F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,693 Posts
Would do exactly that TODAY, if they would put that dang generator onboard. I'd be DONE with the constant back and forth in my head.

Godzilla/7.2KW/2500+lbs Payload
Smallish toy hauler 5th wheel
Living on the road chasing sunsets and sippin coffee around the campfire.
We have the same dream !

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
I'm only a fan of the tailgate step because of my age. If I was younger I would do without it for both weight and price.

Heck, I MIGHT cancel my 2022 KingRanch Powerboost order since Ford didn't pick it up for a build date today. (They take them on Thursdays and today was 62 days since I put the order in) I'm considering going in the opposite direction and grabbing an XL CrewCab Powerboost 2WD 6.5Bed and maximizing Cargo Capacity, as well as saving $30k.

The reason I mention it here is because I would not get ANY tailgate options. No power tailgate, no tailgate step, (2WD is lower?) and I wouldn't choose one of these new alternative tailgate formats for sure. I still haven't seen one I find intriguing, and this Ford approach doesn't either.

Probably is a great idea though for some specific uses. Camper shell truck access?

I'd like to see how it looks closed from behind.
I agree with your first paragraph. I didn't want that tailgate step on my ('14) F150 because I would never use it and at the time I think it was a $350 option. Now that I'm 57 I'm singing a different tune, I love my tailgate step because my knees aren't what they used to be.

·
Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Tuned by BoostKing
478 Posts
I didn’t seek out the step but came with. My old dog absolutely loves it and frankly requires it to get in the bed.

Even though it’s quicker (for now) just to hop in the bed, I’ll be getting it again every time. (Unless it requires that fugly tailgate).

Plus it adds like 200 lbs of downforce when deployed in the spoiler configuration.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I agree with your first paragraph. I didn't want that tailgate step on my ('14) F150 because I would never use it and at the time I think it was a $350 option. Now that I'm 57 I'm singing a different tune, I love my tailgate step because my knees aren't what they used to be.
Same here. Hurts my knees getting into the back.

·
Moderstrator
4,344 Posts
Same here. Hurts my knees getting into the back.
I was going to say the same thing but I knew @snakebitten or @Arkansas Eco wouldn't be able to resist taking a jab at me. They'd probably say something like "I was catching up to them in years." :D I can get my legs up there, no problem, but I can't kneel on these fake knees. I asked before they were ever replaced and was assured that wouldn't be a problem but 20 years later I still can't. I carry a pad around with me when I get down on a creeper. I think these tailgates are a real blessing.

·
Premium Member
6,693 Posts
Y'all should try Men's 55+ multivitamins and a weekly shot of T. Works for me.

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
13,691 Posts
I'll have you know that I can absolutely get in and out of the bed of my truck WITHOUT the tailgate step.

I CAN step up on the bumper and then step over the tailgate like it's a low fence.
I CAN put the tailgate down and sit on it, and then swing myself around onto the bed and then stand up.
I CAN put the tailgate down and then crawl up on it on my hands and knees and then stand up.

But........... I only got so much of any of that left in me. I'm trying to save it for other tasks that I must accomplish on my own before the kids decide I need assistant living, So..... I use that wonderfully engineered sissy step that Ford offers.

As for Arky's medical/supplement advice....
I've thought about it, on several occasions, going to GNC and stocking up on a supply of whatever old people should have, but then I remember what one old preacher said once when asked "What do you think it's going to be like when you arrive at the pearly gates?"
He thought for a few seconds and then he smiled and said "I imagine I'm going to stand there for a few minutes taking it all in and then ask myself Why did I take all them vitamins?"

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'll have you know that I can absolutely get in and out of the bed of my truck WITHOUT the tailgate step.

I CAN step up on the bumper and then step over the tailgate like it's a low fence.
I CAN put the tailgate down and sit on it, and then swing myself around onto the bed and then stand up.
I CAN put the tailgate down and then crawl up on it on my hands and knees and then stand up.

But........... I only got so much of any of that left in me. I'm trying to save it for other tasks that I must accomplish on my own before the kids decide I need assistant living, So..... I use that wonderfully engineered sissy step that Ford offers.

As for Arky's medical/supplement advice....
I've thought about it, on several occasions, going to GNC and stocking up on a supply of whatever old people should have, but then I remember what one old preacher said once when asked "What do you think it's going to be like when you arrive at the pearly gates?"
He thought for a few seconds and then he smiled and said "I imagine I'm going to stand there for a few minutes taking it all in and then ask myself Why did I take all them vitamins?"
Me? I'm just hoping I see my new truck before I arrive at those gates!

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
13,691 Posts
Me? I'm just hoping I see my new truck before I arrive at those gates!
Today is Thursday, the day Ford schedules builds for special order trucks from my dealership. It's the 13th or 14th Thursday since Ford sent me an email acknowledging my order.

Not a peep today. Lol

So I know how you might feel? :)

·
Premium Member
450 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,693 Posts
Well I declare, YOU are my lucky charm!!!
(Although I hope Ford doesn't think that picture represents my truck. Lol)
CONGRATULATIONS !!!

·
Moderstrator
1,500 Posts
I added a bed rug and then a tailgate rug to ease the knee pain of climbing up. I think I will next pull my kid's small indoor trampoline out to help me get down out of the bed with less trauma! My climbing up and falling off of the truck are becoming fodder for neighborhood gossip. I would prefer a lower profile in this respect.
I sure do wish I could trade or swap tailgate for one with the step. I had that on my 2013 and thought it was a cute novelty vs the beautiful necessity I see it is now. Guess I'll start looking around salvage yards soon...

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
I added a bed rug and then a tailgate rug to ease the knee pain of climbing up. I think I will next pull my kid's small indoor trampoline out to help me get down out of the bed with less trauma! My climbing up and falling off of the truck are becoming fodder for neighborhood gossip. I would prefer a lower profile in this respect.
I sure do wish I could trade or swap tailgate for one with the step. I had that on my 2013 and thought it was a cute novelty vs the beautiful necessity I see it is now. Guess I'll start looking around salvage yards soon...
I never thought I would say this but that was one of Ford's better ideas. Now I am flashing back to their commercials that had the light bulb over the employees head. Man, I'm showing my age!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.