F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I come across a YouTube vid about a guy replacing the lug nuts on his truck. He had the same dumb tin clad nuts that we have.. I have destroyed a few of them in the past and just replaced with more of the dumb things... At a cost of something $10 each from the dealer..

Anyway, I check out Amazon and find these from DP-Accessories. Solid steel, no stupid tin cover. Whole set of 24 was $105.

So, my next tire rotation, I'll be putting these babies on.. That will probably be this weekend! :)

Mitch

·
Premium Member
3,180 Posts
So, I come across a YouTube vid about a guy replacing the lug nuts on his truck. He had the same dumb tin clad nuts that we have.. I have destroyed a few of them in the past and just replaced with more of the dumb things... At a cost of something $10 each from the dealer..

Anyway, I check out Amazon and find these from DP-Accessories. Solid steel, no stupid tin cover. Whole set of 24 was $105.

So, my next tire rotation, I'll be putting these babies on.. That will probably be this weekend! :)

Mitch

Definitely better then stock.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
I did this to my wife's car after the dealership ruined all of hers by overtorqing them with an impact.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
damn should have said this at the beginning of the yr... ya stealership had to replace em all. Not once did I touch em

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
I installed black mcgards and the raptor center caps, looks good with magnetic.
The Mcgards don't have the large bulge like the OEM's do. If you're running the stock wheels it is advisable to use the large bulge, so it'll make contact with 100% of the surface area of the Ford wheels' cone.

The Gorillas are fine, and they come in black as well.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I got a set of 24 for $40 from discount tire. They are really good quality. Go and see what they say. I also may get some new wheels soon so I could send you mine for a cheap price.

·
Registered
310 Posts

Mitch

I did the same back in August of last year, still going strong. I like the contrast.
lugnuts.jpg

·
Registered
13,026 Posts

Mitch

$105?

transmitted via iPhone 7 in Jet Black using Tapatalk the app

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Dunno on the ones you posted? From the pic you posted, they don't look like they have enough taper on the end?

This is the link for the ones I got.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZSDGVGG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Since the OEM one's were $10 each, I'm happy with what I got and they do fit! :)

DPAccessories LCB5C9HCOCH06024 24 Chrome Wheel Lug Nuts for most Ford Lincoln Trucks SUVs 4L3Z1012A 7L1Z1012A Wheel Lug Nut

PS, I did just look those ones you posted and it says they will NOT fit my 2013 F150...

Sure, $28 is a great price, but they gotta fit too... :)

My $105 set fits.. :)

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
Dunno on the ones you posted? From the pic you posted, they don't look like they have enough taper on the end?

This is the link for the ones I got.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZSDGVGG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Since the OEM one's were $10 each, I'm happy with what I got and they do fit! :)

DPAccessories LCB5C9HCOCH06024 24 Chrome Wheel Lug Nuts for most Ford Lincoln Trucks SUVs 4L3Z1012A 7L1Z1012A Wheel Lug Nut

PS, I did just look those ones you posted and it says they will NOT fit my 2013 F150...

Sure, $28 is a great price, but they gotta fit too... :)

My $105 set fits.. :)

Taper? Like the 60° @ the bottom? & I have a 2015. Hmm. They changed the next gen?

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
well frik. I wanted black to match my black winter wheels & contrast my 20” chromies

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I guess they are different for the different years.. DP is in Kent, WA which is the same city I work in and had them shipped there too, so maybe 10 miles... :)

Guess they don't ship to Canada anyway? Bummer man...

Mitch

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Um the taper is exactly the same it's the thread pitch that changed. You still want a large bulb lug nut.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
2014< M14x2mm. 2015> M14x1.5mm.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I just bought the triple chrome Gorilla Nuts last fall and they are already rusting.

·
Administrator
4,073 Posts
I just bought the triple chrome Gorilla Nuts last fall and they are already rusting.
Sounds like someone isn't using the proper size of socket on the impact wrench!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Sounds like someone isn't using the proper size of socket on the impact wrench!
No impact wrench used ever on these nuts, just a torque wrench. Even the end of the nuts are rusting, a spot the socket would never even touch. Minnesota roads are layered in salt, but it should have never affected these with the chrome on them. Pretty upset about it, because this is the reason I paid the extra money for nuts over the cheaper versions.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
About this Discussion
55 Replies
26 Participants
B52U
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing