F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, first time pickup owner here and I have to say this truck is amazing. This is my second Turbo system and I have to say I am very impressed. I wil be trolling around reading and learning as much as I can.

The one question I have is about nerf bars or side bars. I am a larger man 250+ is there a bracket system or bar type I should be looking for? To match up with the f150? Brackets would be best for I do plan to use my own bar if I can.. Any help would be useful and thanks all in advance..

·
Registered
393 Posts
Welcome to the best ecoboost site around! Congrats on getting a great truck. The only nerf bars I know about are the ones that ford puts on from the factory, or dealer.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome to the F150 Ecoboost Forum!

My truck came with the factory bars, and they seem to be plenty sturdy for me.

SPPD

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome and ditto on the above.

·
Registered
868 Posts
2013 eco beast.jpg
these are GoRhino Dominator II nerfs in stainless steel
they bolt through factory holes in the pinch weld underneath the rocker panels in 3 locations and are plenty sturdy
when you step onto them they do not feel soft or spongie at all because the load is spread over then entire length of the cab.
the drop loop that you step on is not the biggest step pad in the world but serves its purpose just fine, their are a couple other designs that do not tuck back as tight to the body that provide a bigger step

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have the factory tube steps and they work just fine for a friend of mine who is 300+ pounds. So the steps or the nerf bars above should not give you any issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts