F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I bought a 2013 FX4 last week with a factory installed remote start. I've been having an issue and can't figure out why. At times the remote start works perfectly. However, other times the vehicle shuts off after I open the doors. I have been trying to get the key to ignition as fast as possible to mitigate but this doesn't always work. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I scoured the manual but it doesn't say anything about this...any insight is greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
I'm sure you've already scrolled through the instrument panel display screen and set it for like 15min?
Maybe check out your battery key fab as well.
My 14` doesn't do that and I have the Ford perimeter alarm remote start.
Thank Go*....it's frickin hot out in the AZ-lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
271 Posts
my 13 keeps running when I open the doors... not sure what might be your issue there. My only issue with the remote start ( the doors) is the crappy range (20' on a good day)

Reactions: bgroovin

·
Registered
421 Posts
Check your under hood switch on drivers side, bracket may be bent down a little. Could be barely making contact and truck thinks hood may have opened . Only way may truck shuts off in remote start if i hit the brake pedal , otherwise it stays running till i get key in ignition.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for the input. I did some more research to look into some of your suggestions and then, just by coincidence, I think I figured it out! If I shut the door before inserting the key and switching it to Run, then the motor will shut off. I tested this in various situations (starting, opening, closing door from outside; starting opening, getting in, closing door; starting, getting in, inserting key, closing door) and that seems to be the culprit. I have to put the key in before shutting the door...so simple!!! Now, my problem is that even though the motor will stay running, as soon as turn on the key, the climate control shuts off. A mild inconvenience but nowhere near as aggravating as the engine shutting off...

Thanks again for all your advice and input!
Dan

2013 FX4 w/ EcoBoost
Tuxedo Black, SuperCrew, Max Tow
Pulling a 1998 Glastron 195 SE Bowrider Ski Boat

·
Registered
81 Posts
This is weird as I have a 2014 FX4 and when I get in after remote starting, I can turn the key with the door open or closed and it still keeps running. I even can push the brake pedal down and it wont shut off, but it will not let you put it in gear.

As far as the climate control if you didn't leave it on when you last shut off the truck, once you turn the key it will default to the last setting you had it which is off. If you have the climate control to run on auto under the remote Start menu in your user settings, it will run while running from a remote start up, but once you turn your key it will be where you left it. At least that is what mine does, I do believe there is a setting in the settings you can say for it to run "last Setting" instead of auto sensing the Temp where it will heat or cool depending on the temperature it reads. It may or may not fix your issue by try changing the settings for the remote start.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.