21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,180 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
You missed me asking a legit question about which tune is the fastest and somebody with a picture of a rooster as his avatar getting annoyed. I’m a new guy just trying to make the most out of his truck, I thought that’s what this place was for!

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
But I didn't have a melt down! If you are gonna play here there is a lot of banter back and forth between a lot of people....vast majority of times there is no ill will intended...just ruffling feathers between truck enthusiats.....if you can't handle that then you are going to have a rough time here.

What would have your response been from someone who didn't want to tune their truck because they didn't believe in it or thought it was a waste of money? People do and will sidetrack your thread on a regular basis. Yes.....they could just not read your thread or ignore but that's not going to happen.

There are a ton of people here who read EVERYTHING that rolls through "Active Topics" just to see what is going on.....this is how we all learn.....a lot we don't give a shzt about, some we don't agree with, some we do, everyone has their own needs, wants, and yes opinions....this is life.

If we all had that type of "Response" when something we didn't agree on then there would be absolutely no communication here...period. There are many times when a person would like to reach through the "Net" and smack someone upside the head for being a bonehead with a "Stupid Question" about some thing very common knowledge....but.....we are all at very different stages of learning or our knowledge level and approach things at different perspectives thus you are going to get two approaches or ideas, or solutions to every problem....again...such is life.

I learned many years ago in the military that you never show that someone got to you....if you did...look out for more shzt......when you were cooped up on a submarine underwater for 80 days at a stretch you learned how to dish it out but more importantly learned how to take it.

We also look who are new here by their joined date.....I lean more towards helping these people to see if I can help with the little I know from my experience or research.....but you run the risk of "Offending" them if they're not use to getting some off thread comments occasionally.....but anyway....

Welcome to the forum...very knowlegeable people here...but hold on.....I guarantee you it will get bumpy at times!:cool:

·
Administrator
9,483 Posts
It gets this response because there are sooooooo many variables. There is no good answer, and it's always a poop show when it's discussed. With any tuner, they are so close, if each truck has each respective tuner's most aggressive 93 tune, it's going to come down to the driver mod. Where they differ more is road manners and behavior while dailying them.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
It gets this response because there are sooooooo many variables. There is no good answer, and it's always a poop show when it's discussed. With any tuner, they are so close, if each truck has each respective tuner's most aggressive 93 tune, it's going to come down to the driver mod. Where they differ more is road manners and behavior while dailying them.

In conclusion, it was a stupid question...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
To the fella with the rooster as his Avatar....

First, thanks for going under for 80 days at a time. (few are cut from that cloth)
Second, excellent post, you old goat. :)
Third, troublemaker. Lol (you're so misunderstood)

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Not sure why my avatar is catching flack?????? Not there to make anyone happy with it....just me....our little company...Red Rooster Herbs.....but is like me....an O'l Rooster with an attitude and ornery....if ya ever been around a farm with an old rooster on it look out....can be vicious little things and not afraid to and prone to raise hate and discontent in the barn yard:cool:

Actually wasn't irritated by post.....saw an opportunity to ruffle some ruffles so I took it......if not..... I know there are several other uncivilized gentlement on this forum that were right behind me! Guess that means I'm a prck....oh well...worse things in life:rolleyes:

Been on this earth long enough to earn my stripes.....definitely a smart arse and sometimes funny, but intelligent, confident, outspoken, assertive, obnoxious, and belligerent etc.....BUT UNOPOLOGETIC for who I am. Was not raised or live my life to be P.C. so as not to offend people.....if people are...."Don't Care"....Ah Oh.....those were the words I used that started this.....here we go again:eek:

·
Administrator
4,073 Posts
I know I shouldn't be, BUT...I'm surprised that this thread has carried on for 4 pages. And that's AFTER a moderator removed some posts.

My take (that has been voiced by others in different ways) is, if someone is going to post an extremely subjective question and asking for debate, then they ought to be prepared for any and all responses. Whether they be helpful, rude, off-track, serious, joking, etc.

@RedRooster, you just keep being you. Nobody can do it better! ;)

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Not sure why my avatar is catching flack??????
I think it is because it reminds all us old timers of Foghorn Leghorn (as posted above) and what FL would do to the farm dog.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I know I shouldn't be, BUT...I'm surprised that this thread has carried on for 4 pages. And that's AFTER a moderator removed some posts.

My take (that has been voiced by others in different ways) is, if someone is going to post an extremely subjective question and asking for debate, then they ought to be prepared for any and all responses. Whether they be helpful, rude, off-track, serious, joking, etc.

@RedRooster, you just keep being you. Nobody can do it better! ;)
This.

Now lets move on to another less opinionated issue. What is better, the 5.0 or Ecoboost.

·
Administrator
4,073 Posts
This.

Now lets move on to another less opinionated issue. What is better, the 5.0 or Ecoboost.
Come on Mass, that's been beat to death. How about something that never gets discussed.
Maybe Premium fuel versus regular?
Synthetic oil versus conventional?
Oh, possibly the frequency of oil change intervals?
Or better yet, how about MPG's?

·
Administrator
9,483 Posts
Come on Mass, that's been beat to death. How about something that never gets discussed.
Maybe Premium fuel versus regular?
Synthetic oil versus conventional?
Oh, possibly the frequency of oil change intervals?
Or better yet, how about MPG's?

21 - 40 of 60 Posts
About this Discussion
59 Replies
25 Participants
datbme150
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing