F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Come on Mass, that's been beat to death. How about something that never gets discussed.
Maybe Premium fuel versus regular?
Synthetic oil versus conventional?
Oh, possibly the frequency of oil change intervals?
Or better yet, how about MPG's?
Catch can?

Who has the better 6.2, Ford or Chevy?
If I could get the Chevy 6.2 in a F150. . . .

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
That depends on whether money matters and whether a supercharger is an option.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I agree. Its def a first world problem having to decide whether to be frugal and get the most bang for your buck with a tuned/lightly modded ecoboost or spend $9k+ on a whippled 5.0.

·
Premium Member
3,180 Posts
I agree. Its def a first world problem having to decide whether to be frugal and get the most bang for your buck with a tuned/lightly modded ecoboost or spend $9k+ on a whippled 5.0.
i purchased the complete whipple kit for $6400 (15%off) many vendors offer the same deal 2-3 times a year saved me $1100

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Oh shzt....feel like Pandora....opening Pandora's box and unleashing the Seven Sins of the World......quick....someone capture "Hope." Save this forum!:cool:

·
Administrator
9,483 Posts
i purchased the complete whipple kit for $6400 (15%off) many vendors offer the same deal 2-3 times a year saved me $1100
Still too much for me to spend on top of a brand new truck. But, turbos, cac, intake, exhaust etc are too. Even more so, completely throwing the warranty away is a downer for that scenario also. Not to mention I don't have the skills to do the install, so that would net more costs.

I have read about a dealer in the Northern US that sells a dealer installed whippled 5.0 f150 that retains the warranty for 45kish. If true that might be worth a trip across the country next time.

·
Administrator
4,073 Posts
I have a catch can, I chose the red headed stepchild motor of the ecoboost world, I run amsoil, I use 93 octane fuel, and I get great gas mileage. Everybody hates me. Lol

Are you just TRYING to piss everybody off????? I suppose next you're going to tell us that you actually use your truck for truck type tasks? LOL

·
Premium Member
3,180 Posts
Still too much for me to spend on top of a brand new truck. But, turbos, cac, intake, exhaust etc are too. Even more so, completely throwing the warranty away is a downer for that scenario also. Not to mention I don't have the skills to do the install, so that would net more costs.

I have read about a dealer in the Northern US that sells a dealer installed whippled 5.0 f150 that retains the warranty for 45kish. If true that might be worth a trip across the country next time.

it is true, terry from team beefcake is the sales guy.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
it is true, terry from team beefcake is the sales guy.
That's who my wife talked to when we called about hardened ecoboost OPG. I think we settled on the stage 2 oil pump from them. Small world. :)

·
Premium Member
3,180 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hypercar Development

·
Registered
9 Posts

MPT 91 Per/Tow tune :)
I would love to have that tune but from whatI can see I can't use my sct tuner for it, only NGauge right?
And for those new on here I would suggest staying away from SSI, I bought a tune from him and he just left me high and dry. His tune wouldn't work and he stopped answering my calls and emails. It kept making my truck come up all funky and my truck wouldn't even start. He kept blaming the SCT tuner so I talked to SCT and they sent me a new and updated tuner but same issues. Bad experience.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have MPT tunes on my SCT. In fact I bought the SCT from them. Great experience and great tunes. The econo tune doesn't really do much if you have a lead foot though. I was hoping it would save myself from myself, but it didn't

41 - 60 of 60 Posts
About this Discussion
59 Replies
25 Participants
datbme150
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing