F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Don't care...only interested in a good tuner who can dial in to my arse and driving style for a DD.:cool:

Because this same bullshzt topic has been beat to death over and over from guys picking up their first Eco. Most here will have same opinion. Surprised you didn't ask "What is the best "Tuner" and who is the best "Tuner" You want the fastest....SSI or BCB...for e-mail tunes......I'm sure there are a some you can get from a local dyno shop if you tell them to grenade your engine....hope ya have money for a new engine! Time to cut the ruffles off your panties:cool:

Ok so if you want the fastest it's ssi. Fastest to send your motor into many pieces. They have fast stuff but also a reputation for broken motors and blame it on weak engines. I find that hard to believe when tuners like livernois, mpt, unleashed all have close to the same speed or drag time tunes but don't seem to have the issues.
You can only push them so hard and keep them safe without building the engine a bit. Ssi is the last place I would ever choose I'd go without before using them.

So the fastest Ssi also fastest to leave your engine in pieces. Almost all good tuners have about the same speed or 1/4 times as you can only push them so hard depending on fuel. The fact that livernois , mpt, unleashed and others all have very similar hp numbers and drag times tells you where they are safe. Ssi blames all the blown motors on weak ford pistons. Bull**** as so many others run same times but rarely every have a blown motor and in fact get lots of miles out of them. The fact that a tune only can beat much better setups with meth tells you they are not safe. I believe they are changing values of the knock sensors to not actually pull boost or timing when things get bad. That is the only place that will never touch my truck. I was able to run a 12:823 on a 93 tune with a crew cab long box 3:31 rear on a 92 degree day. That was with livernois and it's lasted 140,000 miles so far. Got down to a 12:6 with meth.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
That’s all I was looking for I agree there are stickies but having a 2017 I’ve yet to see many tuned 1/4 mile times as bdx just released the trans software a week ago. I’ve used unleashed and so far I’m pleased Im just open to other options as well.

If you have a 17 livernois has had the tunes for a while and seem to have them dieled. I'm actually trying to get a 18 now because they are pulling such good numbers. If you want the best bang for the buck get the livernois hpfp and tune you can run flex fuel to straight 85. I've driven e30 tunes on the 15 and run straight meth on mine and I think the e30 tune is unreal the e85 would be nuts.
This 18 will get the hpfp. Intake, exhaust, downpipes, meth and larger turbos. That's about all the bottom end could take I think.
I've beaten a lot of other tunes with mine from lms. But that may be because it was actually tuned in the dyno not e tuned. Maybe it's the 3:31 rear end not sure but I've not been beat yet. I know there are faster trucks I've just not got the chance.

Straight up SSI is the fastest from what I've seen.

But I wouldn't allow Shawn Ellis to tune my lawn mower let alone my pickup or car.
Lol yep. Just learn the basics of the eco strategies and ask simple questions of how he's able to make them so fast and what tables he goes by you see a diffrent person quick. Plus it's always a red flag when a tuner will badmouth another tuner. Call any of the popular we'll know and all they will say is we won't talk about competitors but will tell you about what they can do. If your good no need to run down others. Also try and find a blown lms ecoboost. Good luck. They tune more ecoboost than I'd imagine anyplace over all platforms and they have a stellar rep. Even doing work for ford performance. I have others I'd use but they are close to me and I've had good luck. Just like others on here we have lots of options ssi is not one of them.

Discussion starter · #13 ·
I may give that a shot I have a bdx with an unleashed tune from torrie and with the trans tuning it’s finally starting to 60ft. My next step is a legit dyno tune I just hate to have to buy another device to use lms, I wish everyone would use sct based products.

I may give that a shot I have a bdx with an unleashed tune from torrie and with the trans tuning it’s finally starting to 60ft. My next step is a legit dyno tune I just hate to have to buy another device to use lms, I wish everyone would use sct based products.
Lms used to use sct but from what I'm told could not get what they wanted out of it. Mainly I believe the flex fuel ability. I've spent a good amount of time talking with the tuner on my rs build and he said the device they use allows him to do more. Not sure what that means but they seem to be able to flex everything even hellcats. I get it though would be cool to have all the features of a Cobb ap and still use tuners I like. If you have torrie already he seems really good have him do an e30 tune for you if you want fast. Your fuel system can do that stock and it will give you safety of race gas but cheaply. Lms is doing one for my wife's 2.0 boost first week of April if I can get it down to them.

Since you already have tunes from Unleashed, you should already know he's the fastest... at getting you tunes, revisions and replying to emails!
The man either does not sleep, or has the most advanced automated reply software.

Reactions: TX-Ripper
I've cleaned up several posts here that simply went way off base, and won't be allowed here. Keep it civil, gentlemen.

Neil
Thanks

Reactions: WERA689
1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.