F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never bought a new vehicle. Always bought used. I'm not quite in the position to buy yet but been watching prices on local dealers websites. So I have a question for you guys that are experienced in buying new. One of the local dealers is now advertising 25% off closeout pricing on 2019 F150's. But when I look at the prices they're showing on the website they aren't any different than they've been for months. How does that work?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Works well for the dealer. They just tell the story a different way, the ending is the same. You've got a good start, don't get hung up in the verbage look at the finale numbers which won't be finale until the sales manager tries to tack on: extended warranty, upholstery protection, paint protection, door edge guards, yadda yadda yadda.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a feeling that was what was going on. So basically the prices this time of year are about as good as it gets.

·
Premium Member
5,035 Posts
Depending on your region, test the dealership for the final price (without trade-in) for an XLT 302A truck. If they will do ~$14k off Ford MSRP, you can consider that dealer as one that is willing to move inventory.

It shouldn't be too difficult as the calendar year ends.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Depending on your region, test the dealership for the final price (without trade-in) for an XLT 302A truck. If they will do ~$14k off Ford MSRP, you can consider that dealer as one that is willing to move inventory.

It shouldn't be too difficult as the calendar year ends.

Hey snakebitten, so are we talking blue box msrp and in your opinion would $14k off that be a fair deal or a good deal in your opinion?

·
Registered
384 Posts
I would think 25% off sticker this time of year is quite good. Again, go by the Window Sticker MSRP and work toward that 25% off of that. They will try creative ways to recoup some of that, but stick to your guns if that's what you are looking for. I bought my 2016 (august 2016 build date) in May of 2017 at 30% off of sticker, but that pushed well into the next year.

·
Premium Member
5,035 Posts
Hey snakebitten, so are we talking blue box msrp and in your opinion would $14k off that be a fair deal or a good deal in your opinion?
If you mean the "blue box" on the window sticker, yes sir.

Example: An XLT with a ~$47,000 MSRP sold for ~$33,000 + ttl.

At that pricing I have always felt I'm below the typical sales gimmick approaches. I might be able to squeeze a better price by being playing hardball or shopping guys against each other, but I never enjoyed the tactic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here is the deal I just made on an XLT / 302a. They key is finding a dealer that is interested in moving volume rather than maximizing profit per sale. Some dealers will even throw in most of their Holdback to go well below invoice, in order to make it up on their dealer incentives at the end of the month or quarter. Also look for trucks that are 80 days old or so, Early August or earlier, as they carry an extra rebate.

MSRP Blue Number on Window
$54,330.00​
Discount including use of dealer incentives and holdback
$6,650.00​
Additional dealer discount
$200.00​
Dealer selling price
$47,480.00​
Ford incentives
$6,500.00​
Financing incentive
$750.00​
Select Inventory incentive
$750.00​
* This may be zero on a very new truck
Farm bureau incentive
$0.00​
* Could apply today and purchase in 30 days/change to 500
Selling price including rebates
$39,480.00​
Title, Plates, and Licensing
$294.00​
Dealer Fee
$399.00​
Wisconsin Tax / County Tax 5.5% (tax on selling price/dealer fee)
$2,633.35​
Final Amount with Tax Title and License
$42,806.35​
Down Payment
$0.00​
*Can be adjusted up or down, no specific target
Amount Financed
$42,806.35​

·
Premium Member
5,035 Posts
Perfect example. And I am guessing that is a very well equipped XLT!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Perfect example. And I am guessing that is a very well equipped XLT!

Very Nice! Couldn't be happier with the vehicle so far. Only things I'm wishing it had were the heated steering wheel and the integrated garage door opener. Purchase and depreciation are so much more favorable on an XLT over the higher end trucks so I'm very happy with the decision.

·
Premium Member
5,035 Posts
Sport package too!
Yea, that IS a lot of truck for the money, in my opinion.

I had (my nephews now) the exact same truck, except 2WD. So about considerably less expensive, as well as 2016 pricing.

Drove it to work and 4 more employees went and bought the exact configuration within a few weeks. Nobody could believe the price for that much truck.

Again, congratulations

·
Registered
539 Posts
I just cough at the 400 dealer fee!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts