F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

2081 - 2100 of 2113 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
I remember seeing these when I was a kid. Whole trees covered in their webs/nests. My grandparents lived in Daingerfield, TX and that was one of my memories of my visits their.
Yep!
And for the queezy, don't walk on any path that is untraveled for a day, or you'll likely snag your face and freak out. Lol

What I always wonder is how they create such a huge span? That first thread?

Amazing critters.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Rumors are this F1 technology is coming.

12V motor
Zero lag
And get this, it charges the battery too. Think about it. Of course it could. Exhaust powered alternator!

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
I think one of the Porsche Cayenne diesels is using something like that. Although it may have been canned after the whole dieselgate thing since they are part of VAG.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts

Did a little wheeling in the Jeep this afternoon. Found some great camp sites in the process.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ford should have brought the OG Aussie version over and slapped Ranger badges on it-period.
That truck is tried & true down under! A serious off roader there....soooo I don't understand the US version, but I've seen a few running around town and their not too bad looking.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
They’re a hell of a lot better looking than the competition for sure. I have no use for a mid size truck, but if I did it would come down to the ranger (would be cool with an even smaller diesel), the tacoma just for resale sake despite their transmission issues and maybe even the cr-v looking ridgeline if I happened to grow a mangina. It is interesting to see the smaller truck segment come back after everyone but toyota and nissan gave up on it. For the price point, and marginal (or non-existent) fuel mileage advantage it takes a special buyer to want a smaller truck.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Someone needs to make a smaller truck. like the size the Ranger and S-10 was before and drop the price. lots of demand for smaller cheaper priced trucks.
The frontier is the only one that truly offers a cheap small truck. 2 wheel drive base is around 20k I believe, for 20 year old technology. Other than for fleet vehicles, which many go for base half tons anyways there isn’t much demand for that niche anymore.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
The frontier is the only one that truly offers a cheap small truck. 2 wheel drive base is around 20k I believe, for 20 year old technology. Other than for fleet vehicles, which many go for base half tons anyways there isn’t much demand for that niche anymore.
The colorado is 22k so not much more for a much nicer truck.

The frontier is old and ****ty. I have had a few SV’s as rentals(Seattle, Boston and Houston) and the MPG’s suck, i barely made it 300 miles on a tank driving from seattle to Bellingham WA, which is 100% highway and pretty flat.

The turning radius is abysmal. Like almost as bad as my 157” f150. I **** you not that I missed parking spaces because i was expecting it to turn in sharper and then the wheel would just stop and I’d only make it half way. I just started backing it in. Not what you expect from a truck with a 126” wheelbase.

The only upside is that the motor isnt as much of a puss as the 3.5 in the Tacoma.

·
Registered
578 Posts

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Was riding through Jackson WY on my mt bike and saw this guy:

Just before dropping down the Lithium mt bike trail on Teton Pass.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Chilling in Corpus Christi

I might miss my annual Escape The Heat RV run to the Rockies this year.

It's not like me, but I'm going to substitute some pampering in its place.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
What's up with the jibberish on Tapatalk. Only a few photos show up. The others are just code. @admin ?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

2081 - 2100 of 2113 Posts
About this Discussion
2.1K Replies
179 Participants
MMCdude
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing