F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

2101 - 2113 of 2113 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
What's up with the jibberish on Tapatalk. Only a few photos show up. The others are just code. @admin ?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
Images hosted external will render properly in Tapatalk
Images uploaded to the forum's native site are not rendering in Tapatalk

It's gotta be some kind of path statement or referencing syntax problem.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
It's got to be...whaaa? Lol

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
Lol. Those words are actually common in geek speak.

But this is what it means:

Forum user in Tapatalk creates a new post in a thread. He decides to "upload" an image file to enhance his statement.

That image file automatically gets placed in a "folder" on a hard drive on some server somewhere.

OK, that much makes sense to even the non geek?

"path statement" is just a way of describing where that image file is. The "path" to where it is stored.

On your own computer, if you put a file in a folder called "pictures", and that folder was on your "C" drive, then the "path" could be :

C:\pictures

(that's rarely the correct path for that folder, but it is just an example)

So back to Tapatalk.....

Tapatalk uploaded the image file to some folder somewhere. But our new forum software appears to NOT be properly informed of the correct path to where it is.

Now after saying all that, I actually believe the problem is something else. Lol

The reason Tapatalk will render that gibberish in the post, rather than the image itself is because the new forum software isn't telling Tapatalk where the image file is in the correct syntax. It's like the forum software is speaking The Kings English and Tapatalk is expecting American slang? :)

Literally there is a period or a comma or some other alpha-numeric (or non alpha-numeric) character missing or in the wrong place.

Computers are very unforgiving about such things.

Disclaimer: I'm guessing. I could be making assumptions. But it's an educated guess.

Regardless, I bet it takes 2 seconds to remedy! But first someone has to find the documentation that specifically addresses what Tapatalk requires to properly render the image when it resides on the forum's own image hosting server.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
578 Posts

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Thank you. Not a big following of Cougar people out there.
A friend of mine is thinking of selling his 70 Cougar. Been garaged for 40 years.
I remember my Grampa still driving one back in the late 80s. I have pictures of my sitting at the wheel when I was about 2.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Thank you. Not a big following of Cougar people out there.
A friend of mine is thinking of selling his 70 Cougar. Been garaged for 40 years.
Cougar Eliminators are one “Hot Ticket”. Boss 302 to 428’s (a few 427’s in 68) these were nice cars. Always liked the 67-70 fastback Mustangs better but I’d drive an Eliminator in a blink.

2101 - 2113 of 2113 Posts
About this Discussion
2.1K Replies
179 Participants
MMCdude
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing