F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

2221 - 2234 of 2234 Posts

·
Registered
7,036 Posts
Reminds me of a guy who just recently posted up his GX460 for sale. He bought it new in 2019 for like $60k, brought it to an overlanding shop in Pennsylvania and dropped another $70k in overlanding gear(king shocks, wheels, tires, bumpers, armor, racks, RTT, refrigerators, etc).

His wife and him did some talking and decided that wasn't the direction they wanted to go. Now hes selling the rig for like $60k. Barely over a year old and only 19,000 miles.
Lol reminds me of my sister in law. Buy a travel trailer tow it to like 4 places and realize it isn't for them and park it on a seasonal site... Crazy.

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
674 Posts
A fool and his money ... 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Super Modistrator
2,297 Posts
Ehhh... could be worse. It could be like the average Utah boat owner that gets around to using their $80,000 boat a half dozen times a year.

Question: What’s a boat?

Answer: A hole in the water that you throw money into.

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
674 Posts
True dat.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Ehhh... could be worse. It could be like the average Utah boat owner that gets around to using their $80,000 boat a half dozen times a year.

Question: What’s a boat?

Answer: A hole in the water that you throw money into.
Ive always wondered this. I see sooooooo many people with insanely nice wake board boats behind fully loaded diesel HD pick ups.

Then those same trucks are pulling a 40’ 5th wheel toyhauler down to Moab the next weekend with a $30,000+ RZR XP turbo s in the back.

What the hell am I doing wrong?

Reactions: GearHead_1

·
Premium Member
2,895 Posts
Ha, my buddies Wake-board Boat was $300k, he puts it in the water 4 weekends and one week of vacation a year. He still thinks it's "worth it", lol. He has the money, but still I think it's crazy to spend that kind of dough. He also blows $1000 a weekend on gas for it.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Ha, my buddies Wake-board Boat was $300k, he puts it in the water 4 weekends and one week of vacation a year. He still thinks it's "worth it", lol. He has the money, but still I think it's crazy to spend that kind of dough. He also blows $1000 a weekend on gas for it.
That is why boat stands for break out another thousand. Any work on a boat, is 1000s. Any fun in a boat, is 1000s

·
Premium Member
6,614 Posts
The way I look at it, folks who $pend like that are the participants in the legitimate version of the "Redistribution of wealth".

I work in an industry that probably represents the wealthiest customers in the world. The top 000000001%. Afterall, their method of transportation at the time they visit our place(s) of business is onboard perhaps a $40,000,000 vehicle. +-

They will purchase our products and services in order to return to their place of origin. (Jet fuel, catering, aircraft maintenance, etc)

At one location we might have 100 employees, most of which make between $15-30 hourly. The invoice for that delivery of fuel/maintenance can be $4000 or $140,000

That wealthy person pays before they leave, and their revenue is distributed amongst those 100 people within days, in the form of payroll. A very efficient method of wealth redistribution!

Capitalism at its finest. F150 XLT 302A Sport truck payments. (we have 5 of them in the employee parking lot)

I'm sure that it's possible to apply a similar model to that amazing boat. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,895 Posts
The way I look at it, folks who $pend like that are the participants in the legitimate version of the "Redistribution of wealth".

I work in an industry that probably represents the wealthiest customers in the world. The top 000000001%. Afterall, their method of transportation at the time they visit our place(s) of business is onboard perhaps a $40,000,000 vehicle. +-

They will purchase our products and services in order to return to their place of origin. (Jet fuel, catering, aircraft maintenance, etc)

At one location we might have 100 employees, most of which make between $15-30 hourly. The invoice for that delivery of fuel/maintenance can be $4000 or $140,000

That wealthy person pays before they leave, and their revenue is distributed amongst those 100 people within days, in the form of payroll. A very efficient method of wealth redistribution!

Capitalism at its finest. F150 XLT 302A Sport truck payments. (we have 5 of them in the employee parking lot)

I'm sure that it's possible to apply a similar model to that amazing boat. Lol

Absolutely agreed. I used to make a considerable amount wrenching on the side when I would go out to "the lake". I could be doing something as simple as fuel filter/plug change/oil change right up to replacing a motor or bellows on a stern drive. It paid for many of my "toys", lol.
This was my "fleet" at 20

·
Premium Member
6,614 Posts
Awesome stable of toys.
But what's the strange looking thing on the far right? Must be something you play on in the sand? Lol

Just kidding. I had a BLAST on one in Wisconsin a few times when visiting in-laws.

·
Premium Member
2,895 Posts
Awesome stable of toys.
But what's the strange looking thing on the far right? Must be something you play on in the sand? Lol

Just kidding. I had a BLAST on one in Wisconsin a few times when visiting in-laws.

That one was a bit of a sleeper. It had a turbo kit and was around 220hp @5psi. It was fun for something that weighed 430lbs.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I want a sled. Im 10 minutes drive from some really nice back country skiing.

Just need to buy a splitboard and get avalanche training

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Got this in the mail yesterday
IMG_20200714_174744.jpg

Reactions: Arkansas Eco
2221 - 2234 of 2234 Posts