F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty sophisticated. Reminds me of Porsches option for PSE exhaust. Ford is definitely willing to do some crazy stuff these days.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The engineering certainly looks as though some folks were given the job to get it done. It doesn't look like something just cobbled together for marketing. Pretty impressive. Almost doesn't sound like a car. Almost. Lol

·
Premium Member
6,098 Posts
IDK. It all sounds like a raspy V6 to me. I like quiet mode the best but best isn't the right word. The least raspy V6ish sounding is quiet mode. There.

·
Premium Member
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You Ole fuddyduddy

·
Premium Member
6,098 Posts
Nope not gunna like it no not gunna. (Dana Carvey as Ross Perot)

Reactions: Upshifter

·
Premium Member
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nope not gunna like it no not gunna. (Dana Carvey as Ross Perot)
You'll come around.

Just like those new shocks you are going to be putting on your truck pretty soon.

When you are laying on your back in the driveway tightening up the shock mounts on those sweet new shocks, your Helwig sway bar is going to say to you "it's about time you got me somebody to work with. Those 2 yahhoos you just got rid of hardly lifted a finger around here"

·
Premium Member
4,874 Posts
I would really like to hear it in person, but there seems to be a legitimate balance improvements by making them equal length. At least they are making a effort to continually improve the sound.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
If it don't sound like a V8, I don't really want to hear it... I like my nice and quite OEM muffler on my F150.. I hear the loud ones and they just sound terrible.. Like a bunch of angry bees.

My dumb dual tip changes the sound some.. Makes it sound like a 6 cylinder Cummins Diesel when getting on it and I have the windows down.. Just does not 'roll coal', ha, ha... :)

Now, give me that good ol' V8 dual exhaust sound any day! I had a 86 Mustang GT with the old school 5.0 and fuel injection and that sounded great when I put the straight thru Magna flows on it! Wish I still had that car!

Mitch

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.