F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about replacing the factory shocks on my 2011 4x4 Screw. Bilstein HD's are looking like the best option at this point and I'm looking for some input. I've always used KYB but they seem to be fading out of the limelight so I was wondering what's recommended. Most of my driving is highway with very little off road (unless you consider winter snow and ice off road)

·
Registered
7,417 Posts
Are you replacing them because they are worn out and you have a ton of miles on them? Seems like a waste of money if you're not looking for off-rad performance.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all the other forums I've been involved with say factory shocks are good for 10 to 15k miles before there worn out... right now I've got less than 30k on the truck and the right rear is leaking oil

·
Registered
7,417 Posts
all the other forums I've been involved with say factory shocks are good for 10 to 15k miles before there worn out... right now I've got less than 30k on the truck and the right rear is leaking oil
If that's the case they are covered under your warranty.

·
Registered
26 Posts
weather you like your dealer or not shocks dont go bad that soon why replace it if its not broken?

you must have more money than common sense

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
weather you like your dealer or not shocks dont go bad that soon why replace it if its not broken?

you must have more money than common sense
Well, that's harsh...:mad:

It's his money, if he wants to change them out, I say go right ahead!!
I believe shocks are one area that the production vehicles tend to go with a sub par product. A nice aftermarket shock could really enhance the ride.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Well, that's harsh...:mad:

It's his money, if he wants to change them out, I say go right ahead!!
I believe shocks are one area that the production vehicles tend to go with a sub par product. A nice aftermarket shock could really enhance the ride.

Look at all the threads here, people are replacing new oem parts with aftermarket upgrades

·
Registered
152 Posts
I can agree - most factory shocks are oil filled and are not gas charged and don't have the special valving that is needed for proper dampening.
My old truck was an 08 F250 and the factory shocks were removed at 3,800 miles. They were junk.

Sent from my Siri instructed iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts