F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I have now taken my truck to the track 3 times. Once was 6 months ago, once was last week, and now this last time was on Saturday. I had a tune revision, and with that and some weight reduction, I hit my goal of hitting 11's!

Launched at roughly 6psi, and the whole timeslip is personal bests, besides the mph, as last weekend I went 112mph.

Car number 2829

Mod list is pretty basic,

2018 F150 XLT 3.5 Eco
E50 Tune with 1 revision (pretty sure it's only had torque management removed and the speed limiter removed)
AEM drop in air filter
3" resonator replacement pipe
No seats, spare, or tailgate, but my tonneau cover was in place.

I am in no way the fastest second gen eco, but hot damn, for only having a tune with my other mods, I am thuroughly impressed!

Thanks for looking,

John

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
These trucks and the maturing of the tunes are just amazing.

I'm 2 years into enjoying mine next month. I've had a bunch of trucks in my decades, but never one so complete a chariot and work horse.

Congrats

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it shouldn't have any issues being full weight, but I am out of LPFP, so after upgrading that I will revise the tune in the springtime.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yeah it shouldn't have any issues being full weight, but I am out of LPFP, so after upgrading that I will revise the tune in the springtime.
I was able to get E85 tune done by adding a vmp pump voltage booster. It’s basically plug and play except on mine I have to use a razor blade to shave down 2 little tabs on the male plugs but they might have the newer male connectors available so you don’t have to do that. I’m currently at 50/50 blend on pi/di but plan to get it on dyno and see if I can put more to the di side without losing fuel pressure and see if it make more power. I figure it was easier than dropping the tank since mine is the larger 36 gallon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was able to get E85 tune done by adding a vmp pump voltage booster. It’s basically plug and play except on mine I have to use a razor blade to shave down 2 little tabs on the male plugs but they might have the newer male connectors available so you don’t have to do that. I’m currently at 50/50 blend on pi/di but plan to get it on dyno and see if I can put more to the di side without losing fuel pressure and see if it make more power. I figure it was easier than dropping the tank since mine is the larger 36 gallon.

Who’s doing your tuning? I’m currently at e50 but would like to copy ya with the boost a pump and run e85...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Who’s doing your tuning? I’m currently at e50 but would like to copy ya with the boost a pump and run e85...
I am self tuning, right now it’s just been street tuning but now that I have my adaptors for my hub dyno I will get it on dyno and lean on it a little harder and see what kind of power I can squeeze out of it. I think I’m pretty close now. Running about 18-18.5 psi to keep turbo speed from getting out of hand and about 18 degrees of timing on top end.

·
Registered
145 Posts
From what I’ve been told about 25-30 whp or so from e50 to E85. I mainly did it for ease of fill ups. I was running 20-21 psi but saw turbo speed getting up there pretty high. I’m gonna test 16 psi with a lot of timing and work my way up to 20 and see what makes most power. I have a feeling lower boost and higher timing will make more power or at least make same power with less IAT and heat soak.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was looking into the whole boost-a-pump setup, and doesn't the factory system vary the voltage depending on the demand of the engine? I would much rather go with a larger pump than mess with all the tuning involved with messing with a boost-a-pump!

·
Premium Member
2,372 Posts
From what I’ve been told about 25-30 whp or so from e50 to E85. I mainly did it for ease of fill ups. I was running 20-21 psi but saw turbo speed getting up there pretty high. I’m gonna test 16 psi with a lot of timing and work my way up to 20 and see what makes most power. I have a feeling lower boost and higher timing will make more power or at least make same power with less IAT and heat soak.

I'm curious on what you find with less boost and more timing. I'm different being a Gen 1, with Gen 2 turbos. At 5500RPM I'm running 17.1 psi and 20* advance timing with E30. about 48#/min airflow.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I was looking into the whole boost-a-pump setup, and doesn't the factory system vary the voltage depending on the demand of the engine? I would much rather go with a larger pump than mess with all the tuning involved with messing with a boost-a-pump!
It does vary it some but when I added the vmp pump I didn’t mess with the voltages at all in the tune. No matter the input voltage into the booster it always puts out 18v. Actually I might have put to all 13v in tune but I would have to check. In the beginning I didn’t touch them. I just installed it when my tank was empty, filled tank with E85, adjust stoich in tune and watched lift pump and hpfp pressure and they never dipped at all. The stock pump is already quite large, it’s the sending unit and internal fpr that hold it back. I didn’t want to have to mess with that if I didn’t have to and so far with stock turbos I have enough fuel flow and when I tested the pump E85 it’s was actually 88-90% so it’s not like I’m running low grade e70-e80. If I ever max out what I have I’ll just modify the sending unit and put external fpr, the stock pump flow a good amount it’s the sending unit and internal fpr that is the restriction.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was not aware that the fuel pressure regulator was in the tank. That's good to know!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts