F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
But not to Ford trucks. This is my fourth F150. '07 5.4L, '10 5.4L, '11 6.2L, and now a '13 3.5EB. I tried to attach a picture below of the new truck i picked up, hope it shows and i did it right.

Current mods: 20% tint, AFE CAI Stage II, 305/55/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers (not shown in picture), Spray in bed liner, Best Top Tri-fold, Stubby.

Future mods: Programmer, exhaust, Boost Bar insert

Let me know what you guys think!

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using F150 EcoBoost

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are your tboughts on the differences between the 6.2 and the ecoboost?
The main thing that i miss is the growl of the large V8. when you stepped on it, it moved! After an intake and programmer it really woke up the engine.
It was a Platinum SCrew candy apple red metallic, with the Sienna Brown leather. With the changing taxes along with we lost a few large customers from buy outs and obama care etc... had to change routes. Lowered my payment have more options (believe it or not) and better gas mileage. i come out with a great truck and lower costs!

The 3.5EB is a whole other beast, that i am now just starting to learn about. Only down side i have is the sound of a V6, on start up and when you step into it. after i installed the AFE stage II CAI the turbos are louder and help. hopefully after a few more mods itll sound deaper and more agressive! i am averaging 5+ mpg better with this motor over the 6.2L

·
Registered
589 Posts
Wow! 6.2L to Eco Beast!!! Both great and epic Motors but nonetheless it is great to have you on board... Sweet color too always a great looking color on the truck!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

So how's the 6.2l compare to the 3.5l twin turbo motor?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The main thing that i miss is the growl of the large V8. when you stepped on it, it moved! After an intake and programmer it really woke up the engine.
It was a Platinum SCrew candy apple red metallic, with the Sienna Brown leather. With the changing taxes along with we lost a few large customers from buy outs and obama care etc... had to change routes. Lowered my payment have more options (believe it or not) and better gas mileage. i come out with a great truck and lower costs!

The 3.5EB is a whole other beast, that i am now just starting to learn about. Only down side i have is the sound of a V6, on start up and when you step into it. after i installed the AFE stage II CAI the turbos are louder and help. hopefully after a few more mods itll sound deaper and more agressive! i am averaging 5+ mpg better with this motor over the 6.2L
haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts