F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4X4.
I just got my first Ecoboost 2days ago & don't know much about them. I have a lil turbo experience ( 87 Grand National, & a few Turbo Diesels) but i have never built any tunes. I have had a few different hand helds & an Edge Products Juice w/h Attitude Monitor on the diesels. I have heard a lot of good things about EFI live for the diesels, & was wondering what the best was for the Ecoboost. Im not trying to build anything extreme, i just want to do a few mods, & programer to get a few more horses & increase mpg...... would appreciate any advice on mods & what order they should be done, ex.- cold air induction kit, exhaust, & then tuner / programer is my initial thought.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Welcome , nice to have you and this is the place to come to for what you what to do with your EB. Again welcome nice to to have ya and don't be shy (Pics please)

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
You will get a bunch of different answers on what is best....if you are planning on getting a custom tune,pick your tuner,and work with them to build a package based on their tune is always a good idea....
ERIC AT Leading edge tunning is one of the best reguarded...as far as a tuner SCT seems to be the easiest for them to write custom tunes on,although if your just wanting the so called best can tune..Diablo has claim the most power,but everyone has their favorite when it comes to that...

welcome and good luck..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome to the Ecoboost family !

Personally I went with MPT and they did help me a lot, I ordered my SCT with several custom tunes, performance, towing, and economy tunes in different shifting varieties .. I also installed an AFE stage 3 intake, AFE catless Y pipe, banks catback Exhaust and 170* thermostat, performance wise I can tell you that there is a huge difference in power, but that power is really limited to time slips street racing etc, I can tell you that on the economy tune with the Cooper AT3s my fuel average MPGs on highway is 19.7 while at 73mph with 3:55 gear ratio. I don't often pull a trailer but do pull my boat a lot and I noticed that there was some hesitation in super low RPMs whether it was the custom tunes on my SCT or whether it was the Banks programmer but it was there, to me everything got a bit frustrating that I eventually took it all off, Blame it on my OCD.. I changed the intake to a Banks Ram air and removed the catless y pipe and went back to stock y pipe , I noticed two things changed, no longer do I have the fart in the can high RPM noise and the hesitation is gone. I needed up taking the tuners off and have only the stock tune, towing I would get 11.6-11-8 MPGs going to Falcon lake and seems to be the same without the tuner, different strokes for different folks.. There is a huge world of performance and part industry for our trucks and you'll have to play with different setups to see what works best for you.. Currently my truck is stock tune, stock y pipe, banks ram air and banks catback exhaust .. Nothing else. I am happy now .

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Welcome, any of our site vendors write great tunes. Each one is slightly different so do you research into each before making a decision. There is LET/Unleashed/MPT and 5 Star to chose from for custom tunes. If you purchase a programmer from them they will usually have a package deal for their custom tunes. Once you have the programmer you can try any of custom tuners, the tunes are the cheap part.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts