F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My name is Derek Brignac. I live just outside of Raleigh, NC. I am actually still in the process of buying a 2013 Ford F150 super crew cab FX4 with the 3.5 ecoboost. This is my first ever ford truck purchase and was actually pretty hesitant in buying a ford because of all the years I have smack talked them. I have both rode in and drove several of the ecoboost engines though and have been pretty impressed, not only with power, but also the fuel economy that comes with them. I currently own a 2001 dodge ram 2500 with the 5.9 Cummins with a built auto trans, upgraded turbo, injectors, programming/tuning, and loads of other goodies; truck is a beast but not very fuel friendly. The only vehicle I ever leave stock or relatively stock is my wife's vehicle so I am already looking at some mods to do but would like yalls opinion on where/what i should do first. intake?, exhaust?, Tuner?, what else? Do not want to negatively effect fuel economy though and would like to improve it if possible. I would say my foot isnt exactly made of led, but not feathers either. Suspension wise maybe a future level kit and 1 size over stock tire, but that would be max, initially i plan to remove the rear blocks just so the tail end isnt sticking up so much higher than the front until the tires wear out and I can go up in size for a true level. Any way, thanks for the add and the time. Let me know what mods you think should come first..

·
Premium Member
5,054 Posts
How many miles on the truck you are considering?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,748 Posts
Welcome!!! First mod tune, second mod tune, third mod tune:):):) He best performance mod for the buck$$$

·
Registered
178 Posts
Tune is the top engine mod but there are a couple other things worth doing too! Do some research on this forum and you will find numerous enhancements worth your consideration, for not only the engine/transmission but the suspension and overall functionality of these awesome trucks!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
welcome fellow booster!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
right at 72K. It is a 2013 super crew FX4 with the luxury package. 1 owner by an older gentleman that passed away. Super clean truck and well taken care of. Has receipts for everything!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
right at 72K. It is a 2013 super crew FX4 with the luxury package. 1 owner by an older gentleman that passed away. Super clean truck and well taken care of. Has receipts for everything!!
I noticed in one of your other post that your from Raleigh, same here. I'm in Holly Springs/cary/apex area. Your truck looks similar to mine but a few years newer, and a lot less miles. maybe we'll run into each other one day

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I noticed in one of your other post that your from Raleigh, same here. I'm in Holly Springs/cary/apex area. Your truck looks similar to mine but a few years newer, and a lot less miles. maybe we'll run into each other one day
Yessir, I actually live down in Clayton, but work mostly in the Cary area. I also have a couple projects starting up in Holly Springs here soon to. I bought the truck with 72K in September but now have 88.5k on it. So mileage increases rather quickly. Mods are in my Sig that I have done since buying the truck (she was completely stock). Love it so far.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts