F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What about those optional big mirrors? Are they really necessary even for towing a trailer? I can see them on a 250 or 350. thx Jim :confused:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I have the optional towing mirrors and would not want to be without them! I tow a 36 foot travel trailer and they give me a much better view of the trailer in the rear. If you tow I would highly recommend them.

SPPD

·
Registered
589 Posts
X2 with SPPD. I tow a lot and the towing mirrors make a world of difference when pulling and backing up the trailer. It is a easy change out if you have some mech skills or your local dealer can knock it out in under 2 hours. The fact that they can extend based on the length or width of your trailer also makes it a sweet setup. Also when I am not towing the mirrors for sure help me from swallowing little cars that like to ride in the blind spot of the truck (I don't blame them I would be trying to read the badge on the door too trying to figure out what the hell is under the hood pulling such a load lol!)
But if you are not towing a whole lot Jim or you have found comfort and ability to use the sportier mirrors than there is no real need to switch up to the towing mirrors unless you just really want more mirror to work with.

Also welcome to the Forum good to have you on board and in a EcoBeast!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
My 08 had the smaller mirrors and I liked them. That being said, I agree with AK-KingBoost, My new truck has the big mirrors and I really like them for seeing little cars in my blindspot. I have not really pulled with this new rig but have a 19' walleye boat and plan to get a fifth wheel soon. I am building a house and am a bit nervous about going in and out of the garage, if powerfold mirrors were an option I really would have gone that route. So far I would take them over the small mirrors, but only by a small margin, with the addition of a fifth wheel there are going to be a must.

·
Registered
26 Posts
All depends on what your towing. My 20 ft haul mark is 8'6 wide and I could have really used the big mirrors.
However, keep in mind that the big mirrors will be a pita when going through gates, parking garages, home garages etc..

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I have the big mirrors and they are power fold. I will never get another without them if I have the choice. The lower mirror helps with the blind spot and as mentioned it is nice being able to extend them when you have a wide long trailer.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have the larger mirrors with the blindspot mirrors on them. They make a world of difference even when you are not towing. And they are a huge help when you are. It can give you a better view of your surroundings and the blind spots really help when driving down the road with small cars around you.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I agree with those who have said they wouldn't be without them. They make your truck a much safer vehicle to drive because, you know what is going on behind you as well as to the side. My only wish, as was stated by someone else is, that they were power folding and extending. Would make it much easier to go through tight places like garage doors.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mine are the big mirrors, they power fold and power extend. Really like the blind spot mirrors also.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Yeah, like bk said and as I mentioned in my earlier post, they are power fold and extend. I think they changed for '13.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
The power fold/extend is an option on the 13s. Mine are the manual fold/extend.

SPPD

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Oh ok. I didn't know that.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If you get the max trailer tow package you get the micky mouse ears ;) and I believe its an option for the 13's but I'll look into it.. I tow nothing and have no need for them and personally think they look funny. But, if you have a practical use for them, such as pulling a camper, boat, 5th wheel, trailer, smoker or whatever! I totally agree with everyone here. Function over style. But to each their own, some think they look better with them. make your own choice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
11 Participants
IownandsellEB
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing