F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, here’s my new to me 2013 ecoboost, just ordered a catch can for it and will probably do the weep hole while I’m installing the catch can. Also getting 18.4mpg average over the last 450 miles, I live in the mountains at over 7000ft above sea level and almost no flat land

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
welcome fellow booster

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Welcome as well.. I too have a 13 F150 that I've owned since brand new when it had around 50 miles on it, and I put on about 25 of those miles on the test drive alone..

I now have over 85,000 miles on it and don't have a can or drilled a pee hole or a tune... ;)

I have done some brake and suspension "upgrades", but that's about it..

Still doing just fine for me and been towing a travel trailer with it since new too.. Not every day of course, but I do put about 4000 miles a year on it towing it.

Anyway, do what you think you need to do it of course.. It's your truck!

Good luck!

Mitch

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Welcome.
I to have a 13. Haven’t done a thing to it engine wise. Including taking the engine cover off. I’m thinking about the spark plugs so I guess the cover comes off for the first time then.
You’re getting great gas mileage for being in the hills. Not saying you shouldn’t get a can and a hole but I’d be happy just leaving it as is.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome!

I also have a 13, owned since new with 92k with only plugs/fluids changed. The only non motorcraft part is the air filter and oil changes, no mods. It tows a loaded 12' utility trailer around almost weekly, around 2k. It's nice to see other people getting good mpg too. What gears?
Do what you feel is necessary and within the budget.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts