F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post! Just picked up a new to me 2013 screw Ecoboost Lariat. Test drove 5.0s but it only took one EB test drive for me to be sold. It's got 47k mi and I'm wondering what immediate mods I need to make this thing last. drill cac? Catch can? Intercooler grille? Etc.? Looking for suggestions. thanks!

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
I'd pull your cac and clean if necessary and change plugs if never changed or you don't know if have been changed

Reactions: 2Canches

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
What's your budget? What are your goals? Are you going for horsepower/performance, off-road capability, best possible fuel economy for a commuter, etc?

Reactions: 2Canches

·
Registered
847 Posts
Welcome

·
Banned
508 Posts
Aftermarket warranty- it will pay dividends for you!!

·
Premium Member
3,033 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great timing, Frog boost. I to just bought my first ford ever. Its a 13 eco screw 4X4 with 28k miles. Going to follow this thread, for sure. I want tune also. But start with basics. First oil change going synthetic. Thinking castrol, thats what Ive always run.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Good synthetic oil. Check or change plugs. Tuner as soon as you can.
Oh and that 2can guy... Watch out for him.

·
Premium Member
3,033 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, I appreciate the threads to follow. Budget is definitely limited and I'm not looking to get to wild right away. To start I'll definitely swap out the plugs. I read some threads about new gap specs. Same time I'll be swapping to full synthetic oil and pulling the cac for good cleaning. For the time being its full efficiency mods for the daily commute. Congrats okiecat, keep me in the loop of what you do too

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I just ordered oil,oil filter, and plugs. Used amazon prime, its handy. Nearest ford dealer about 50 miles. Also found the truck has a k&n cai. Not big fan of k&n, but I hate to trash it and spend another 3-4 bills. Still researching tuners. I know, no comments!! Ill figure it out. What is a 2can guy?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I got my oil change done. Went with penn ultra. I spilled about 5 drops of oil, easiest change of all my vehicles. Put in a set of plugs also, very easy job. Couldnt believe they were that accesable. Going to clean intercooler next weekend. Starting to get skeptical about all the performance stuff. Reading every night on forum. For one thing all these parts are exspensive and then worring a little about dependability. Seems like no end to what else you need to go with what you just got??? Oh got the windows tinted

·
Banned
508 Posts
Definitely drill your intercooler- it will be a lifesaver.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've got 140k on my 12 ecoboost. No mods and she runs perfect. I've done mods to most of my trucks in the past with and without issue. I do the required maintenance to continue top performance but can't seem to find the desire to mod a truck that runs so good. I'm older now...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I got my oil change done. Went with penn ultra. I spilled about 5 drops of oil, easiest change of all my vehicles. Put in a set of plugs also, very easy job. Couldnt believe they were that accesable. Going to clean intercooler next weekend. Starting to get skeptical about all the performance stuff. Reading every night on forum. For one thing all these parts are exspensive and then worring a little about dependability. Seems like no end to what else you need to go with what you just got??? Oh got the windows tinted
what plugs did you go with? I just got back from a long weekend trip and the truck did great. Avg about 19mpg. Next weekend I'll get on the tdl

1 - 18 of 18 Posts