F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to site and just bought a used 2011 ecoboost f150. Just sold a 2009 F250 with a 6.4 power joke . So far so good with the Eco. Had many bad experiences in the 6.4, including leaving me stranded In Baton Rouge with my 1 year old , 8 year old and the wife 2 days before Christmas.
hoping I made a good decision going with the ecoboost as I never planned on buying another ford...

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome to the F150 Ecoboost Forum!

There are many folks on here and in the EcoBeast community that chose to replace there 3/4 and 1 tons with an EcoBeast. For the most part they seem happy.

My EcoBeast is my first Ford in many years, and I could not be happier. This truck has done everything I have asked of it without so much as a squeak.

Jump right in and look around. You will see many happy EcoBeast owners.

SPPD

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
How do you change your signature on this sight ?
I will get some pics later ...
From the home screen look to the right and click on User CP.
Once in the Control Panel click on edit Signature. Once you create your signature click save and you should be all set.

SPPD

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I do not believe I can see that from the iPhone... Will log in on pc .
I don't know anything about the Iphone. Sorry. I use the pc and the browser on my phone that has the same desktop view. I only use the android app to post photos. Sorry I wasn't much help.

SPPD

·
Registered
868 Posts
welcome,
i have been an F-150 guy since out of high school and had my fair share of problems including a broken piston, cracked block in one but still drove it home on 5 cylinders pouring out antifreeze and spun a main bearing wiping out the crank on another.
that one left me set but i would have drove it home if i knew the crank was already ruined and the trans literally blew apart on my last truck coming up the hill to my house and as i started backing into the driveway it locked up solid.
so really if you look back every truck i have ever owned had a catistrophic failure
so really this isnt what you wanted to hear now is it but i just bought a 2013 eco 3 weeks ago and i gotta say it has more balls than my 86 F-150 that had a 351W HO in it with mods and aftermarket heads. (actually it about the same but that got 12 mpg and i get 17+ now)
these trucks are totally redesigned and i have heard nothing but good things about them and as far as the problems i have had i would expect them from any brand because i bought those trucks to use as trucks towing , pulling and hauling all the time.
i did however spend a little more and bought the factory extended warranty for 75,000 mile bumper to bumper just for some added security

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Welcome! Don't look back! They are good solid trucks. Sounds like you have one that's partially broken in too! Pictures are welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I also bought a warranty .... Thanks for the reassurance , from what I hear they are good trucks .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This Ecoboost rocks !!!!! I like it alot already and have only had it three days... Just had the updated flash at the dealer and it seems to run even better than it already was. I am convinced that its About 500 percent better than my 3/4 ton.

Brian 351w
I would not suggest buying a 6.4 Powerstroke ever .. I have heard nothing but horror stories about them and I had my 6.4 for 1 year and 10 months. The government imposed egr cooler and dpf system is what overheats the trucks and causes most of the failures with the egr system, oil cooler , and head gaskets. been there , done that , have about $ 19000 in repairs last year to prove it. Not saying all fords are This way, I just have an opinion that if a truck is made to break down, then why sell it, btw, I have had three mustangs two 7.3 diesels , one 6.0 diesel , and none of them , even if I added them all up , would have amounted to the trouble I had with the 6.4. Mine was all stock . And a complete pos. and I know others with the same types of history with the 6.4 Powerstroke. Don't mean to crash thread, but I am just explaining a little better my opinion that I stated in the beginning ....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
9 Participants
57hippie
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing