F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I done gone and did it. Traded my 2011 FX-4 5.0 for a 2013 Eco. I can tell you that I miss the deep rumble of a V/8 engine but I'm having a blast with the Eco. I'm running 305/55/20 Nitto Trail Grapplers and while I love the appearance I'm not too excited about the tire whine. I came close to swapping them out for some Michelin AT's but have decided to stick with them. I'm running a 2 1/2 inch level, custom painted hood and a Livernois Tuner. I just returned from a trip to WV and ran a few Mountaineer back roads. The truck performed flawlessly but gas mileage stunk.. thanks to the Nittos. I'm getting 14-15 MPG around here so that is about 2-3 MPG less than the 5.0 with stock Pirelli's. I live in Johnston, SC and am a genuine country boy (actually old man). Now, if any of you have any suggestions as to how to deal with a crappy NAV System I would appreciate it. Mine jumps around all over the place. It tracks perfectly then suddenly routes me off course then runs parallel to the route I'm on. I'm not going to throw away my Garmin just yet. I look forward to gaining more knowledge about our beloved Ford Eco. Oh yes, I am retired Navy and a staunch Florida Gator fan. Go Gators.

Attachments

·
Registered
537 Posts
Great looking truck and welcome to the site. Like the look of the hood treatment really sets itself apart from the norm. The Nittos will hurt the MPG but they look good doing it...LOL!!!

You may want to look into picking up a lower grill to help protect the intercooler opening on the bumper. Lot of options with some starting under $30.

Again, Welcome aboard!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your comments. I hadn't thought about a grille.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is an Undercover. I had it on my 2011. Love it.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Welcome! Nice looking rig!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Great looking truck!
Welcome to the F150 Ecoboost Forum!

SPPD

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. My trucks nickname is Swamp Cracker.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nice looking ride. I dig the hood. HMMM... do I see a new trend starting? Kinda like what happened with the engine covers.
I wonder how my Ruby Red would look...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
John, I also painted the hood on my 2011 (sterling gray). This was strictly my idea. It stands out more on the silver than it did on the sterlng gray. I hope others do not copy. Lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Jim. I'm very rural and surrounded by about 400 acres of woods and 100 acres of peaches. Golf course is 1/2 mile away and the friendliest folks in America live around here. Can't get any better than this. Just spent 6-days in WV and had to compare it to Oregon a little. Beautiful state.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts