F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first Ford F-150. Its a 2011 ecoboost with 27,000 miles. Can you guys give me some heads up on what to watch for. Ill be towing a 1999 Tige' 2100v with it weight of boat is about 4000 and trailer is about 1200. Pros and Cons to Please....

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
What are the specs? Rear end? Cab size? Wheelbase length?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Pros- going to be addicted to the massive TQ
con- you will forget you have a 5200lbs boat behind you as the EcoBeast surges up the hill past the speed limit lol
pro- you get to pull a bigger boat than your friend
con- you will have wait at the boat launch for your buddy as he is still working his way up the last hill

lol

no really issues with the truck bro! Congrats and welcome... Some folks have had the rare issues with condensation build up in the intake causing shuttering at certain speeds this is due to high humidity and a over effective intercooler. Again rare situation and if you haven't felt it (pretty pronounced shutter) doubt you have the issue. Not to worry as ford has addressed it and is ensuring trucks that are affected are fixed. It's a solid truck with a overbuilt motor that gets betters as it ages.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome!

I expect you will be trouble free! These are great trucks with the EcoBeast and they love to tow!
I bought mine for the main purpose of towing and could not be happier!

SPPD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
SPPD
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing