F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys thought I'd introduce myself. Just bought a new '14 Ford F150 Tremor. This is my first ecoboost. I'm a Ford Tech and have been working for Ford for almost 3 yrs now, been in the trade since '06. I'm willing to answer and help with any questions if need be but I'm more here to see what kind of mods and stuff other guys are doing to the ecoboost. So anyways, hi lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Welcome !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a pic with stock rims and them one with my new front decal-waiting to do the rear at this time.

IMG_0466.JPG IMG_0487.JPG

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Do mods void warranty?

Sent from my white iPad3 in a RED smart case using an app called Tapatalk

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Do mods void warranty?

Sent from my white iPad3 in a RED smart case using an app called Tapatalk
Well yes and no. Really it will come down to your dealer, if you just walk into a dealer that you have never been to before and never spent a penny there, chances are if you have say, a CAI/exhaust/tuner and one of your turbos has gone then your prob gonna be told you have no warranty-which is totally understandable. However if you have spent lots of money at your dealer, bought your truck there, chances are your service manager is going to 'overlook' these mods to keep you happy and just cover it-it all comes down to what the techs writes in his story out to ford warranty. Ive had cases where we get jerks in and they EXPECT warranty on stuff like this and get pissy and cry about it, trust me this will get you no where. When you walk in, you tell the truth about everything done to your truck, best to talk to the service manager directly (or the tech if ya know him) and he will prob help you out. Being a tech-we HATE warranty, we get screwed on the time paid for the job, so if we can call it retail rather than warranty then we most likely will. Personally if a I get loyal customer, I help them out.

But from a FORD point of view, mods change the characteristic of a vehicle, making it run differently than intended. So YES mods will void warranty, depending on what mods are done.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks good! What are the performance plans?
Well I'm gonna start with the (still not sure) AFE DRY air filter setup, Catback exhaust,tuner. But still not sure on everything. Main reason i joined these forums was to see what people are doing and how it goes for them. Engines are very picky these days and you have to be careful what your installing.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Imo skip the cai and cat back

Go for tune than intercooler with afe charge pipe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
750 Posts
Welcome and nice tremor!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
269 Posts
No hate. Welcome!

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
now now scap, simmer down ! lol
he said he is a Ford guy.

it is a very nice truck for a 2wd although i dont see why living in Canada.
welcome to the site.
His truck is more awesomer than mine, therefore, I'm sulking in the corner.

Reactions: Tyler
1 - 20 of 23 Posts