F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the site and looking for some solid info on the best manufactures for the upgrades that I plan to do. My plan is:
Exhaust- not too loud for the baby and my wife but with a nice rumble
Tuner- Thinking livernois but open to other advice
Leveling kit- Just like the better stance
Intake- Not sure about the best option here

That's it. Any advice would be appreciated

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Welcome to the site. For the 4x4 guys, I think rancho has a great deal for the leveling kit. They have a completely assembled shock and spring system, ready to bolt in for 199.99 per side. That seems like a lot for a leveling kit, BUT they are offering a 120.00 rebate on that kit right now. I have a 2wd so I did the daystar kit, but I really like the rancho set up.

Rancho Quicklift Loaded - Drivers Side

Rancho quicklift loaded - Pass Side

Just my 2 cents. We sell all the lift kits and leveling kit, I just think that is a good deal. As for intakes we always run the AFE stage 2. I think most guys on here like that kit as well. If you check out our vendor section we have a lot of dyno test with afe and airaid intakes and SCT and Edge tuners.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Here's what I've done with my truck..
Exhaust: stock. Extremely restrictive but I love to only hear the intake and turbos. I've had a straight pipe mustang and loved it, but I enjoy the peace in this truck.
Tuner: I went with Livernois. No knocks on other brands or tunes... Just my choice.
Leveling kit: I went with Hell Bent Steel 2" level. Again, no knocks on any brands. I know the Rancho setup that stage3 offers is a very nice setup. Bill knows his stuff.
Intake: AFE stage 2 is very nice and I woulda loved to get it, but I bought my tune and intake from Livernois and they didn't include the aFe stage 2. It was just a little too rich for my blood. I have the Airaid intake.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

The EcoBeast doesn't need any help, but there are lots of folks on here that have mods so you have come to the right place for advice.

SPPD

·
Registered
589 Posts
Welcome to the Site!
I am with others in the EcoBeast (SPPD's kiddos coined name for the Eco and never gets old) doesn't need the extra kick but you find that the Vendors sell great stuff here and stuff that they believe works on the Eco with dyno results to back it up along with years of experience and if you have noticed they drive the Eco too. I am with Bill on the Ranchos level had them on my last two trucks with no issues. I also agree with KC311 as there is no bad choice on what brand you go with and you will find that within this site most members are using a little of every brand out there. Like Bill & KC311 has menetioned the AFE stage 2 seems the most popular of the brands but ST Dan has had great success with the Bully Dog Intake too. You really can't go wrong. As for the exhaust I would recommend looking at the Exhaust Data Thread that has a pile of exhaust videos showing the different sounds you can get out of the EcoBeast. Again the vendors are extremly helpful and can answer alot of your questions and give you great deals as well. One team one fight right!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to everyone for your advice! I'll be adding my new goodies to the beast a little at a time over the next few months.

·
Supporting Vendor
551 Posts
Welcome good choice on the eco truck they are badass machines. If you need anything let us know. If you dont want to go crazy on the sound of the truck.
Our Y-Pipe with the factory catback is a very popular combination, and it doesnt break the bank in aluminized. if you want to do the catback the stainless works catback is the best in our eyes. It makes the most power and has zero interior resonance so it wont drive the wife and baby crazy. Keep in mind that even trucks that are quiet on the outside may resonate inside the cab.

Our option as far as tuners go I would recommend the SCT X3 or the Livewire. The SCT gives you much more varied option of available tunes and tuners.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
[email protected]
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing