F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning!
I'm a new user to the site and was drawn by searching for an issue w/ my 2013 F-150. I have a 2013 FX4 Supercrew w/ ~136k on it... replaced turbochargers at 109K. The tranny has always had a 'weird' feel to me, but this truck was 'high tech' so I never worried.
The truck has taken a turn to this 'squalk/squeel' noise when the tranny is 195 and higher temp. Typically happens on the downshift from 5-4 and at times under load in 5th, if you press the throttle, it will make the noise. The noise is accompanied by a shutter of the vehicle and loss of power until you feather the throttle and let it engage again.

I saw lots of posts/threads about use of the XL-16 Motorcraft 6R ATF Additive kit. seems to be the 'logical' solution...I can't find the kit anyware. Tasca parts has the kit on their site...they've taken my money... but have the part backordered with ZERO response when I email customer service. Any suggestions for where I can get this additive kit, or if this kit sounds like the solution.?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Well Booster!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good morning!
I'm a new user to the site and was drawn by searching for an issue w/ my 2013 F-150. I have a 2013 FX4 Supercrew w/ ~136k on it... replaced turbochargers at 109K. The tranny has always had a 'weird' feel to me, but this truck was 'high tech' so I never worried.
The truck has taken a turn to this 'squalk/squeel' noise when the tranny is 195 and higher temp. Typically happens on the downshift from 5-4 and at times under load in 5th, if you press the throttle, it will make the noise. The noise is accompanied by a shutter of the vehicle and loss of power until you feather the throttle and let it engage again.

I saw lots of posts/threads about use of the XL-16 Motorcraft 6R ATF Additive kit. seems to be the 'logical' solution...I can't find the kit anyware. Tasca parts has the kit on their site...they've taken my money... but have the part backordered with ZERO response when I email customer service. Any suggestions for where I can get this additive kit, or if this kit sounds like the solution.?

Thanks,
It's like finding this XL-16 additive kit is tougher than locating the lost ark of the covenant...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts