F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love the truck 2013 ecoboost platinum but I noticed a few things that I could use some further explanation with:

1. Why would they removed the cup holder accent lights in the 2013 model when the 2010 has them which are color changing and match the floor lighting?

2. When I'm towing or with a quad in the bed, where has this harmonic vibration at low speed, light throttle, while turning come from? never experienced in the 2010 5.4 same everything.

3. Why the are there no buttons with this SYNC My Touch? This is extremely aggravating and dangerous. Why is there only one option for screen off? Why not most of the screen besides temp controls, and then completely off(not blank but still powered)

4. Why is there no voltmeter? i have 2 transmission gauges (one analog and one digital through the in dash screen) again aggravating.

5. why is the stereo volume so low? is there a master level i can change through options in the screen? it is the same stereo, but it shuts off. I'm 25 and still listen to loud music with all the windows down. The 2010 will blow your eardrums and is the same quality and looks to be the same stereo as the 2013.

6. are there fixes to any of the above?? aftermarket or embedded in the truck.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome, I must have got a oddball 2013 becuase my stereo has yet to even be half way up and its plenty loud enough. Id like to have the the accent lights after seeing them in my buddys 2010

·
Registered
394 Posts
My 2013 Platinum has all the color changing accent lights inside the cab, cup holders light up too.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Ambient lighting is an option. It's not in every vehicle, but it can be added.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I'm all for lighting. In the right places, I guess at 54 I just am not old enough not to be able to find my cup holders. :cool:
IMO, kind of light putting those purple & green lights under your Kia. :p

As explained to me, the vibration while towing is due to the angle change of the drive shaft because of the tongue weight. Talked to the dealer last week when mine was in the shop for the 3rd time in so many months. Several posters have mentioned it. I tow a 3K work trailer and when doing so there is increased vibration, more pronounced when going down hill.
For adding options, no the wiring for it is not embedded in the truck. Or at least not for things like power rear windows & defrosters.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I'm all for lighting. In the right places, I guess at 54 I just am not old enough not to be able to find my cup holders. :cool:
IMO, kind of light putting those purple & green lights under your Kia. :p

As explained to me, the vibration while towing is due to the angle change of the drive shaft because of the tongue weight. Talked to the dealer last week when mine was in the shop for the 3rd time in so many months. Several posters have mentioned it. I tow a 3K work trailer and when doing so there is increased vibration, more pronounced when going down hill.
For adding options, no the wiring for it is not embedded in the truck. Or at least not for things like power rear windows & defrosters.
I fought with them for days trying to get navigation added to my truck even when I told them I didn't care what it cost. They keep telling me it can't be done, and the wiring isn't there for it.

I told them they were full of crap. The only thing that may not be there is the antenna for the nav unit, which should use the same antenna as our satellite radio units.

They're claiming that each truck only has the wiring for the specific options on that truck. With the configurations that are possible on the F150 the cost to manufacture a different harness for each configuration would be astronomical.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Now you would think that a standard harness with pin-outs and connectors for every available option would be the most cost effective way to go.
But with copper as high as it is, maybe not.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Now you would think that a standard harness with pin-outs and connectors for every available option would be the most cost effective way to go.
But with copper as high as it is, maybe not.
The only other way I can see it being done is with a standard central harness, each accessory has a separate harness that runs back to the central harness. It has to be standardized in some way.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Yes I agree and that is what I meant. I'm sure with a little patience almost any one who has mechanical skills can snake a small wiring harness from point A to point B.
But if the main harness doesn't allow for a connection point then your stuck pulling your own power and ground.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Number 1... cup holder lights are an option.
Number 3... the entire screen is a button.
Number 4.., I wish there was one, too.
Number 5... the volume in mine is wicked loud.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts