F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ford F150
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought a 2017 Ford F150 and looking for a new tonneau cover. I have owned a few soft roll-up ones in the past and looking at getting away from that kind, looking more at the low profile hard tri-fold ones. The at the ones from Bakflip.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Really take a hard look at the Lomax I love mine. I could send you pics if you want.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,548 Posts
Really take a hard look at the Lomax I love mine. I could send you pics if you want.

I think the Lomax is licensed by Weathertech?

I say that because when I purchased the Weathertech a couple of years ago I thought I researched that and discovered such.

Regardless, it absolutely fits the OP's description of what he desires. Super low profile and the smallest of seams between the 3 aluminum panels. Light and slick looking.

A bit pricey, but the fella that installed it has done hundreds and he stated it was the easiest he had seen so far.

First image is Lomax
Second is Weathertech

The Lomax pictured is the diamond aluminum panel. The Weathertech is an anodized panel.

Note the Weathertech bed mat and tailgate protection too. Nice stuff for the less than construction-worker paint protection.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think the Lomax is licensed by Weathertech?

I say that because when I purchased the Weathertech a couple of years ago I thought I researched that and discovered such.

Regardless, it absolutely fits the OP's description of what he desires. Super low profile and the smallest of seams between the 3 aluminum panels. Light and slick looking.

A bit pricey, but the fella that installed it has done hundreds and he stated it was the easiest he had seen so far.

First image is Lomax
Second is Weathertech

Bought mine for about 750 delivered so thought that was about on par with all the other hard covers. I think it's a much better built cover than the rest in this price range.

·
Premium Member
6,548 Posts
Bought mine for about 750 delivered so thought that was about on par with all the other hard covers. I think it's a much better built cover than the rest in this price range.

That's a very fair price and I agree, the quality is easy to inspect with just your eyes.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I was just looking and saw them for just over a thousand. I am interested so if you guys have a specific source for the 750 I would like to know where. I agree that it is quality, I've seen one in person about a year ago. I've just about worn out my love for the Truxedo budget model I have right now. It's a roll up but is starting to lose tension on the velcro sides.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was just looking and saw them for just over a thousand. I am interested so if you guys have a specific source for the 750 I would like to know where. I agree that it is quality, I've seen one in person about a year ago. I've just about worn out my love for the Truxedo budget model I have right now. It's a roll up but is starting to lose tension on the velcro sides.
Prices seem to have skyrocketed since last year not seeing those deals anymore

·
Premium Member
6,548 Posts
Yep, Weathertech has it priced at $880.00 currently. (5.5 box)

I think I paid about $800 installed. But the dealership probably purchased it wholesale?

I use my local dealerships Accessories shop for all the things they are competitive for. I've bought enough vehicles and had enough accessories added that they try to be competitive for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts