F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new 2013 Eco last Wednesday. I got everything I wanted! XLT Blue Jean Blue w/pinstripe, Eco, 4x4, Crew Cab, power rear window, center console and a bed liner. It was actually hard to find all those options in the same truck. A lot had everything but not the center console or console but not power rear window. So far I love this truck! I was driving a 96' Ford Aerostar that recently hit 300k, so I was due for something nice. The gas mileage you can get cruising on the hwy is great. Obviously flat ground at 65 is the best and of course downhill. With a truck that big, with pickup and 4x4 I'm happy if I can get 18, but I can see myself getting more especially doing mostly hwy. I am however concerned about people post about this condensation issue, loss of power and shuddering (whatever that means). I've seen people say there has been a new CAC part that has fixed it. Should I see if my new truck has that or not?? I have noticed mine idle a slight bit rough on the 1st cold start up. You can feel the truck shake a slight amount. I have seen others post about it and people have responded that is normal with a turbo engine. Is everyone having this happen when they start up?? If not everyone is..... then it isn't normal. I noticed it with 67miles on it when I start it up to take it home. Other then these couple concerns I am digging this truck! I think with forums like this you read the problem section and all of a sudden you start to panic. I'm assuming every car forum is like that....this is my 1st forum. Glad to be apart of it. Thanks

·
Registered
537 Posts
Slow down and take a deep breath. Yes there has been and still is a know situation that involves condensation in the intercooler. It effects way fewer trucks than you may be lead to believe. There is a post showing the new intercooler adapted version, but that doesn't mean it has fixed the issue. There are a few updates out there and none have proven to be a perfect fix for all matters.

That being said, it is kind of like reading a medical book full of symptoms and before long you are sure your about to die due to having some rare form of male pregnancy.
Focus more on the post you read that do not focus on the intercooler condensation matter. The EcoBoost is a fantastic powertrain that will deliver may miles of performance without any issues, so don't go looking for one to ruin the experience of happy ownership.

Or you could be like me, trade an almost new F150 FX4 Ecoboost in on a new FX4 F350 diesel and then start reading all the post of injector and high pressure fuel rail failures due to moisture in fuel problems. This is a matter that is often denied coverage by the Ford warranty and results in a net loss out of the owners wallet in excess of $12,000.00

Go enjoy that new truck and think positive thoughts!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would tow with or drive under load before I would ever buy another ford. I can't use my truck as a truck because of a Design flow in the suspension that ford is not willing to fix. They also lie about it at the dealerships and say they never herd of it because they don't want to have to deal with it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Congrats on the new f150, and welcome from Texas! Drive it, and enjoy it.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have new eco also and notice on start up it has a slight shake for a couple of seconds till it warms. Not an issue and have not any of the moisture problems you have read about and I'm in humid Alabama.

·
Registered
327 Posts
If you are really worried about it, take it to the dealer and see if it has been updated to deal with the issue. It is a small amount of the trucks that have dealt with this because the intercooler is very efficient at what it does.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts