F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s been quite some time that I have posted about anything self related due to the RMB nightmare of a build I went through. I’ve had the truck parked since May while I await the arrival of my 2019. Scared to drive it as I don’t know how many more times I can turn the key before something catastrophic happens. It appears the factory order three weeks from delivery. With that being said, I think I’m looking to change my username and put the thought of ‘ptown’s truck’ behind me. I don’t want any bad vibes from that terrible experience.

It’s going to be an adjustment going from a fully loaded FX4 5.5ft bed to a HDPP ‘19 XLT. They don’t let you get remotely close on options once you select the HDPP package. However, I strongly considered every option I was sacrificing and could really only say the thing I’ll miss is the heated and cooled seats & center shift lever (I still have the console).

With that said I’m looking for some username suggestions related to the ruby red 3.5L 6.5ft bed I’ll be hopping into here shortly. Once I’ve changed the name, I plan to start another build thread. Unfortunately, it will be mild, and I really mean MILD, compared to the previous truck

Attached is the window sticker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
“I hope #2 isnt #2”

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Also, i am extremely jealous of your hdpp. I really hope they dont kill that unicorn off in the next few years. Seems like they are slowly tearing it down.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
@mass-hole

I can’t wait!! I’m currently researching what height I want the front at...1.25” or 1.75” on the bilsteins

I want a slight rake but don’t want it looking retarded hooking a trailer up. Part of me thinks the HDPP package may not squat as bad and the 1.75” will be fine

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
The HDPP springs are significantly stiffer i think. Squat is probably much less an issue.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The HDPP springs are significantly stiffer i think. Squat is probably much less an issue.
My thoughts. I guess the only true way to tell will be some measurements when I actually take delivery.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My thoughts. I guess the only true way to tell will be some measurements when I actually take delivery.

Yes, then we wait when you accept delivery. But for now I can say that I also adhere to the idea that the HDPP springs are much stiffer

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
It's a rare unicorn truck.

Somehow you gotta brag THAT aspect.

"Max" needs to be in there somewhere?

MAXPAY would certainly make folks that don't understand wonder, and those that do understand honk and thumbs up.

Or, let's say Payload is 2680

MAX2680

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's a rare unicorn truck.

Somehow you gotta brag THAT aspect.

"Max" needs to be in there somewhere?

MAXPAY would certainly make folks that don't understand wonder, and those that do understand honk and thumbs up.

Or, let's say Payload is 2680

MAX2680

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I like your logic Bruce. You got me thinking about a custom plate.

Although I think you may have overshot the payload a little (be even cooler if you didn’t)

Im waiting to get the actual arrival date from my salesmen later this afternoon. Tracking says Thursday. I’m wishing for a Wednesday

·
Administrator
9,503 Posts
A lot of the Northern trucks have them. Yeah, works like pretty much any other engine block heater. There is a recall on them right now for starting fires.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
A lot of the Northern trucks have them. Yeah, works like pretty much any other engine block heater. There is a recall on them right now for starting fires.

Awesome! Do you have information on said recall?

Edit: quick google search seems this problem has been resolved well prior to the manufacture of my order. Will be a good thing to investigate upon taking delivery and ensure there isn’t a better solution than simply applying dielectric grease as the recall mentions.

·
Administrator
9,503 Posts
I wasn't sure if it was still an issue on '19s. Sorry, I should have specified that.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
12 Participants
WooBoost
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing