F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New to the forum. I'm picking up a new 2013 SCREW Ecoboost FX4 w/ 5.5 bed tomorrow. Its black, with the 402a, Nav, and Moonroof. 18" wheels. I really wanted the Max trailer but there wasn't a leftover available...kinda bummed about that, but Que Sera. Got an awesome deal on her, so I pulled the trigger. I'm already planning a couple of mods, like bigger tires, leveling kit, maybe a tuner.

This is my first Ford Truck...been a Chevy guy my whole life. I just couldn't bring myself to buy another...Not that they've been bad to me, just that I really don't like the looks anymore. Ford is light years ahead. The '14's are much closer, but still not as nice. My last truck was an 02 Chevy Avalanche, Z71 with all the bells and whistle. I drove her for over 10 years, and put 160,000+ miles on her. It will be a little bitter sweet to watch her drive away when the new owner picks her up, but bigger and better, right!

I am looking forward to pulling my boat around with the new Ford. The Av did it, but complained a lot on hills, and at highway speeds. I can't wait for the extra torque for towing through Northern Michigan!

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Welcome to the EB family. The Eco definitely won't do much screaming in stock form. You'll love the way the Eco feels when you're towing. The biggest benefits to the ecoboost are more torque, better towing capabilities, and a huge upside with minor aftermarket parts.

Many often towers have been interested in the RAS (Roadmaster Active Suspension). We have a great towing section of the forum if you desire to browse that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Welcome, my truck is stock and pulls like a freight train compared to my old Chevy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
265 Posts
Welcome to the forums buddy, lots of info to help ya with whatever mods you plan on doing

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
What kind of boat are you going to be pulling? I'll be pulling by friend's Blue Water 2550 offshore CC to Islamorada (FL Keys). I found it is better to have a friend with a boat.... Sold mine several years ago!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What kind of boat are you going to be pulling? I'll be pulling by friend's Blue Water 2550 offshore CC to Islamorada (FL Keys). I found it is better to have a friend with a boat.... Sold mine several years ago!
Yeah, I'm the friend with a boat ;). Its a 1997 Crownline 210CCR with a 300 HP small block. She'll do just a bit over 50. I'm pretty close to Lake Mi, so I made sure to get a boat that can handle it. Here is the old rig last summer...

Reactions: Sherman

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Well let's see the new truck bud!!!!

Welcome to the forum too!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Howdy eh. ^^ he ain't not Hola back girl

Family First

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well right back atcha, eh? My wife is from da UP, so I can hang wit yous guys on the eh's and Holy Wahs. :) Here she is, fresh from the dealer. 140 miles

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Well right back atcha, eh? My wife is from da UP, so I can hang wit yous guys on the eh's and Holy Wahs. :) Here she is, fresh from the dealer. 140 miles ...
Welcome to the forum, Mike. That's an awesome looking new truck! :) Be sure to give me a shout if you have any questions or concerns; I'm here to help!

Ashley

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, back to the dealer...Found a minor leak in the battery. Stupid me, I cleaned it off before stopping by the service dept. so I gotta watch it some more, and take pictures. It seems to be leaking around the battery health indicator...I hit the fluid coming out with litmus paper, and it turned pink, so I know its acidic. Confident they will take care of me, and honestly, its not that big of deal...cept for the whole thing about them wanting to see fluid on the top of the battery. I sure as heck don't want to leave it there...and have it run down into the tray, and where ever else.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts