F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 F150 XLT Black pkg, max tow pkg, 3.5 TT Eco
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new 2020 XLT and realize its an all aluminum body but am interested in whats out there to protect the steel parts like the frame, rear end housing etc? Want to do it now while everything is super clean. What has everyone used?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Elaborate please; is there a company that makes it thst I can google?

·
Super Modistrator
2,063 Posts
Fluid Film is the brand and product name. Best thing I’ve ever used to lubricate the chute of a snowblower.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Fluid film or wool wax are DIY options.

Or find a local company that does drip less oil spray.

This is what we use on the east coast/ salt spray areas/ Canada.

My car is 12 years old and only just now starting to really start rotting out. (over 300k Km daily driven for 12 years on salty southern, on roads).

I do dripless oil spray every 2 years.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Nothing... I live where they don't put salt on the road.. :) Underside of my truck looks pretty much like new even after 6 years..

Just don't use rubberized undercoating! Here is that FordTechMakuloco YouTube guy and what he shows on an F150 that used that crap..

Mitch

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Also, another YouTube guy, South Main Auto Repair LLC is in NY and he uses that Fluid Film on all his rigs and his customers rigs that he works on, but most of the rigs that come in are already so crusty, it really won't make much difference.

Mitch

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Mitch! Did some research and I'll choose between the fluid film or wool wax.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts