F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Mine has these symptoms. Built Oct, ‘17.
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have my appointment for next Wednesday. Really the horrible transmission shifting has been my only real complaint with the truck.

Will I have to get 5 Star to update my tune after the new dealer flash?

Of course I will remove the tune before taking it in.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have my appointment for next Wednesday. Really the horrible transmission shifting has been my only real complaint with the truck.

Will I have to get 5 Star to update my tune after the new dealer flash?

Of course I will remove the tune before taking it in.
I have the same question. I plan on returning to stock (of course). Have Ford do retune. Then reload 5* Tuning.
I’m assuming the tune will adapt with the shift points and adjust as needed.

·
Premium Member
3,220 Posts
Your going to need an updated tune

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sent an email to josh. Asked him they’re even aware of this and have the new tune with transmission shift point adjustments. We’ll see what he sends back.

·
Premium Member
3,220 Posts
They will likely will have them the first time someone sends a read from the new calibration

·
Registered
232 Posts
Mine's an April, 18 build but my transmission works fine. No symptoms.

·
Premium Member
7,277 Posts
My build is October 2017. So early 18 model.

I ain't letting nobody touch how it shifts. I realize the GearHead tune is the magic behind it, but the tranny behavior is a big part of the grin factor of this sweet ride.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My build is October 2017. So early 18 model.

I ain't letting nobody touch how it shifts. I realize the GearHead tune is the magic behind it, but the tranny behavior is a big part of the grin factor of this sweet ride.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Mine is an October build too.

Even after several revisions the downshifts were too harsh with the 5-star tune, nearly through all of the gears.

I think the last one they sent me was just the stock transmission calibration. Shift points are the exact same as stock. Still get erratic shifting and a hard 4-3 down shift just like stock too.

Hopefully this flash will work with their transmission tuning.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yep...I have this issue too. Was going to post if anyone noticed harsh downshifting. I notice it the most if I have to come to an abrupt stop. I need to schedule my first oil change so I'll get this taken care of at the same time.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I called ford and have an appointment for 08 October. He told me that’s not info for the general public and they determine if they reprogram the transmission or not. I told him I still want it for the hard shift points and the TSB clearly states 15 May 2018 or newer for the 2018 model. He put it in the notes to have the tech look at the shifting parameters and determine. I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just a heads up:

If you are running an SCT tuner be aware that after you get this flash that your strategy code will probably be changed. Emailed 5* my new strategy code for a revised tune, and they told me that SCT doesn't have the new strategy code in their system yet.

They had to create a ticket through SCT, so who knows how long ill be without my tune.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have HP tuner that also tunes the Trans. Thanks for the heads up for others in this same boat.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just took mine in yesterday and had the oil changed and they flashed the PCM and TCM so they say. I have noticed no difference. I don't have the hard downshifting, but I get a stutter in shifting somewhere between 3-4 and I still had it today.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have HP tuner that also tunes the Trans. Thanks for the heads up for others in this same boat.

Curious if HP is lagging behind like SCT is on these 2018 Ecos. SCT told me it would be a year before they would have my DMRs through livelink for datalogging.

Really wish I'd sprung the extra $100.00 on the N-gauge.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine is an 03/18 build, but my dealership hasn't alerted me? about this recall.

I can't tell if I have a problem or not, per se. (I mean, it shifts great sometimes and a bit meh at times)

·
Administrator
7,854 Posts
For those of you who *think* your transmission shifts weird or acts funny, you better rethink your decision to get your truck in to the dealership for them to perform this operation. When they update your strategy code, it will mess with other parameters within the motor as well...not just the transmission. You will also need to get new tunes from your tuner as the strategy code has changed.

The '12 and '13 models had a TSB out for removing the deflector on the CAC and reprogramming the engine. After getting this TSB done, EVERYBODY reported lower fuel mileage as well as a feeling of a de-tuned truck.

Just my .02 cents

Mine is an 03/18 build, but my dealership hasn't alerted me? about this recall.

I can't tell if I have a problem or not, per se. (I mean, it shifts great sometimes and a bit meh at times)
This is not a recall, so why would the dealership (or Ford) notify you??

Also, your truck was built outside the specified build dates.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts