F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1435 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes they have been working on thus tube for a while now and is only 16 pounds of boost :)... They said its more than 200ft pounds over stock and 150hp over stock. I'm super excited.. And that's only stage 2 tune they have a stage 3 for water meth/nitrous

2012 F150 EcoBoost Lariat

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Holy Guacamole!

That is a whole lotta power!

SPPD

·
Registered
859 Posts
Wow, now that is a torque monster! Must be a good tune to use when towing.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea mpt is Assn awesome company they have put shot of r and d into this tune. And the tq is the the roof. I'm loading to tune onto my programmer now

·
Registered
49 Posts
It says 22.5 psi on the graph? From what i've seen, boost that high is past the efficiency map on our turbos. I'm not trying to be a debbie downer either I just suggest you datalog your tunes and check the knock for sure just for the safety of your engine. Congrats on the new tunes.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Holy cow....ive never seen numbers that high to the wheels before with just a tune..that's nuts. Congrats! Might have to switch from LMS if those tunes are safe.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea read that article i posted they are pretty serious

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Went to my local 1/8th mile track today. Its not timed just run what you got heads up.. Beat out 3 dodge Cummins semi built, a supercharged 2006 f150, 2012 Chevy silveraldo 6.2, Ford lightning :) and a focus st full bolt ons from Cobb.. I was very impressed

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I just got in line for the update.... :cool:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just got in line for the update.... :cool:
You will be very impressed.. Not really a good tune got gas mileage. If you push the tow haul button it shifts sooner and is a less aggressive Trans setting. I was running in Manuel mode and shifting by myself for better fuel economy

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Actually, I got their tune in mid July, so it'll be interesting to compare the previous version to this newer revision.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Actually, I got their tune in mid July, so it'll be interesting to compare the previous version to this newer revision.
Oh ok cool.. You like that one so far?

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Power was great, but the shift strategy needed some work.

It shifted weird, to me, a bit.
It would sometimes surge at parking lot speeds.
Sometimes it would downshift with a WOT pedal input, and then hold that gear if you immediately got back out of it.

Not a deal killer, by any stretch of the imagination, but made me a bit nervous to run it all the time. I switched back and forth between it the SCT canned tunes. Have a week or so on the SCT tunes, and a week or so on the MPT Tune.

1 - 20 of 1435 Posts