F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to home depot today to get some plasti dip to black out my grill. I saw a can of 'plasti dip glossifier'

I picked up a can. I'm going to do a test spray task quick before I decide to actually use it on my truck.

I'll report back later

·
Registered
17 Posts
Look forward to your report. Is this an additional application over the regular plasti-dip or is it a stand-alone, one-step application?

·
Registered
13,055 Posts
just saw that stuff online. In Canada the can is $20. But if we order from USA it's 8$. Good thing I live 7 mins from the border ;)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I didmy bumpers and used the glossifier. It is hardly any different than just the black plasti dip. I was hoping for a nice "glossy" shine but it didn't for me what I was hoping for. The strip on the tailgate doesn't have glossifier on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took it off. It was a huge pain because there are five plastic clips along the top. I think all of them broke. But they don't really serve any purpose because there are a number of bolts that secure the grill. I didn't want to rush spraying my intake or other engine components

·
Registered
18 Posts
nice! I wonder how long this stuff will last, I did my emblems, exhaust tip and rear bumper. I'm guessing a year or so?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts