F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of fuel sledge d596 wheels 20x9 because I hate the way 22” wheels handle with a trailer. What are y’all’s thoughts on these wheels? It’s going on a black 2018 Ford Expedition max no lift stock off set.

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,690 Posts
What's the issue towing with 22" ? Sidewall should be stiff if enough pressure. Getting LT's ?

Reactions: Expedition_mike

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's the issue towing with 22" ? Sidewall should be stiff if enough pressure. Getting LT's ?
I just don’t like the way they “feel.” Idk maybe it’s just in my head. Plus I go to Colorado quite a bit and usually have to drive up steep snowy terrain so the thicker sidewalls will help when in deep snow.

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
880 Posts
To each their own.

I have never been a fan of low profile tires on a truck due to the fact that the truck may potentially be taken off road and those poor wheels have no protection.

Besides, in my old mind... they ride like a poor hay wagon.

My opinion of course, but it is what it is.

I would definitely put some 20 inch wheels on mine with some taller tires to compensate.

That wheel does not look bad at all, besides, if you dig it, what does it matter what anyone says?

·
Registered
2020 F-150 STX 4x4 Supercab
193 Posts
I swapped the 20’s on my for 17’s just to get a better ride, though I liked the look of the 20’s better. Ugh
Anyway, then I put black caps on them to see if I liked the black. I definitely do.
I really like your wheels especially with the aggressive tires.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Black wheels and mud tires... If that's what you want, go for it.. Like was said, if it's what you want/like, go for it.. What does it matter what 'we' think.. :)

I wish they made a 20" polished slotted 'mag' wheel for our trucks.. Something like this, just 20" and 6 lug... :)

I'd snatch these up in a heart beat if they had these for my F150.. (the pic is 17x10 and obviously 8 lug)

Mitch.

Reactions: Expedition_mike

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I appreciate every ones opinion. To follow up I’m just sticking to the 22” stock wheels and putting toyo open country at3’s on them. This expedition max is strictly for towing my travel trailer. So hopefully I made the right decision. Thanks again everyone

1 - 12 of 12 Posts