F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I've been browsing the site for the last few weeks and wanted to introduce myself. I bought the truck last July and absolutely love it! These new F-150's are awesome! I was hesitant about the v6 initially but after driving the ecoboost I know I made the right choice. I use my truck a lot for work and put about 30k miles a year on it but am getting the itch to throw a 4-6" lift on it with 34-35" all terrains and a livernois tuner. Would there be any driveability issues? What about mpg loss? Any other issues I should be aware of?

i absolutely live the truck but can't keep my hands off of it! Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome to the EcoBeast Site!

Most here love the Truck as much as you, and many have lifted their trucks like you want to. From what I hear it will dramatically reduce your MPGs, but drivibility should still be okay. We love Pictures here, so throw up a before and after when you can.

SPPD

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried uploading a picture but its not doing so from my iPhone. I'll get one uploaded when I get back in town.

When you say dramatically, any idea how much we would be talking?

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Well here a small comparison...

mine has 2" level and 305/55/20 trail grapplers. I struggle to get 17 avg. that's with VERY calm driving and LMS tune.
my brother has 2" level with 295/70/18 trail grapplers. He struggles to get better than 13. He isn't as calm of a driver.

I don't think the ecoboost responds very well with larger diameter tires. It's still possible to get decent gas mileage (17 avg) with extremely calm driving

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting, I have considered going with just a leveling kit and slightly larger tires. Maybe that's the way to go so I don't take as big of a hit on mpg's.

·
Registered
229 Posts
MPG will go down alot! I have 6 inches on 35s I'm getting 14.5 when I'm lucky on highway. 3.73 gears.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Also running the SCT programmer on 93 octane tune. It will definitely spin the 35s no problem.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome. I am interested also going up 6 inches on my FX4 from the only person that I personally know that hasn't EB with a 6 inch lift his only complaint was truly in the feeling of power loss. He was waiting to get his SCT tuner that runs on the iPad or iPhone to get the update so he can use it with his iPad that is his control station for the entire truck (this truck is pretty heavily customized). I guess is he lost some miles per gallon but apparently not that much of a loss because he barely mentioned it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
A buddy and myself both lifted ours at same time same lift and all. He has the 5.4. He saw a small decrease in power but also ran a programmer that picked it back up. I'm running just the SCT 3015. Plug and program then unplug and just put on 93 tune nothing else. And it seems to preform well.

Sent from my iPhone using F150 EcoBoost

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys for the info. It looks like I've got a good debate going on internally. Now I'm leaning more towards a level and slightly larger tires... Probably 33".

On that note where do you all go for parts, wheels, tires, etc. I've looked on 4wheelparts.com and tire rack but is there any where else you all recommend?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thanks guys for the info. It looks like I've got a good debate going on internally. Now I'm leaning more towards a level and slightly larger tires... Probably 33".

On that note where do you all go for parts, wheels, tires, etc. I've looked on 4wheelparts.com and tire rack but is there any where else you all recommend?
Not sure if you have a discount tire near you or not but I got rims and tires from them. Craigslist is also a good place to look!

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
The setup you're contemplating is nearly identical to what I run. There will be a power loss with the larger tires but my LMS tune takes it to a whole nother level. The truck responds INCREDIBLY to tunes. Ecoboost2012 will agree!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not sure if you have a discount tire near you or not but I got rims and tires from them. Craigslist is also a good place to look!
I do not have a discount tire near me, however, I do have a local shop I can go to.

The setup you're contemplating is nearly identical to what I run. There will be a power loss with the larger tires but my LMS tune takes it to a whole nother level. The truck responds INCREDIBLY to tunes. Ecoboost2012 will agree!
Im definitely leaning more towards the leveling kit ith slightly larger tires. My truck has 30k miles on it so I only have 6k more to go before I get the tune. For now, I think I'll upgrade the exhaust so those turbos can breath a little better.

Thanks again for the input and help guys!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Love my tunes. Really need to do an exhaust and intake and this thing would be sick.

Sent from my iPhone using F150 EcoBoost

·
Registered
49 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I went with a 2" leveling lift (Ready Lift) and 33"X12.5X20 (MT's) on the stock Platinum rims. It rides nice however lost a lot on MPG. 13 around town and 17 on the Hwy. If I had it to do over again I would go with the Toyo Open Country II's. I went to a local 4X4 shop called Rebel Offroad and just had them do both. Good Luck you will love the ride more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2013 FX2 with a 2" Ready lift level kit and 285/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT2's on stock rims..... they are one tire size larger than stock, but are an LT rated tire and they are 16 lbs heavier per tire compared to 275/55/20 stock Bridgestone's.... getting about 16.5 in town and 17.5 mpgs on the highway. So I lost about 1.5 -2 mpgs with the new tires..... Not bad gas milage, but the fuel economy was the whole reason I bought an Ecoboost.... I love the look of the aggressive stance.... But if I had to do it over again, I would have gone with the same Toyo tires but stock size 275/55/20 which is a P rated tire and only a couple lbs heavier than stock..... The heavier/wider tire impacted my mpgs the most...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Welcome! I run a 305/55/20 nitto trail grappler. I drive primarily 55-65 mph and get 16-18 mpg. Before the wheels/tires, I was getting 23-24 mpg. I noticed a significant drop in mileage but can't beat the stance if has now

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome! I run a 305/55/20 nitto trail grappler. I drive primarily 55-65 mph and get 16-18 mpg. Before the wheels/tires, I was getting 23-24 mpg. I noticed a significant drop in mileage but can't beat the stance if has now
I saw you added an airaid intake, any other mods that help you get 23-24 mpg? I have a 13' platinum and i drive it extremely light and have never seen over 17 mpg at 70 mph....maybe 17.5 at 65mph Its a 4x4 with ecoboost and rear axle ratio is 3.55. I checked the gaps on the plugs and they were all .034". Just trying to see what mods are best bang for the buck on gains in mpg. I have 19,000 miles and disappointed in the fuel mileage since its the same as my previous 5.4L 3V 04' FX4 when Ford boasted on the gas mileage. The dealership has been zero help.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
9 Participants
Shrek
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing