F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Graduated college may 2nd from UCF in Orlando. Got a job in my hometown in Sarasota may 7th and bought a brand new ecoboost in June, YAY!

I'm so happy with this truck. Love the engine and everything about the truck. Had an '02 Explorer till 133,00 miles so this is a HUGE upgrade.
Can't wait to learn more from the forum!

Just put in an aFe stage two today, that thing is thirsty for air, good lord.

More upgrades...in time with money, man I wish there was more aorund :D

·
Registered
394 Posts
Welcome from Texas! Post up some pics of that bad boy.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Love the color and the truck! Congrats on the graduating, the new job, and (most importantly) the new truck!

Reactions: strongarm18

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome to the F150 Ecoboost Forum!

Great looking truck, but you really need to remove the UCF License Plate from the intercooler opening. You are blocking critical airflow to the CAC and your warranty could be voided if you have any problems with the turbo system. Just a bit of advice.

Otherwise we look forward to hearing more about your truck as you continue your mods.

Regards,

SPPD

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SPPD,

My dealer (Matthews Currie Ford) gave me that plate cover, and I hate the same concern but they said it was fine. Even the mechanic!
Really think I should move it to the side where I see other plates?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
SPPD,

My dealer (Matthews Currie Ford) gave me that plate cover, and I hate the same concern but they said it was fine. Even the mechanic!
Really think I should move it to the side where I see other plates?
Well it is really up to you, but they (FORD) have voided warranties on guys for installing intercooler opening grills, and fog lights in that area and those don't block nearly as much airflow as your plate does. Remember Ford voids warranties, not your dealer. Honestly, you probably will not have an issue, but I just wanted you to know all the facts. I personally like the offset plate, as it sets our trucks apart from the V8 guys. I like being able to see another EcoBeast at a distance.

SPPD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts