F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys:

Finally took the time to sign up!

All you guys have really upgraded my knowledge base on this vehicle. I have about 16,000 miles on "The Chief". I have towed my 27' vintage Airstream from Orlando to Utah and back. Easy Peasy. I can't believe how much I enjoy this vehicle! I've owned tuned BMW's (535i) and a Porsche, and I swear this tiny engined truck is quicker than any of those.

It tows my 6,000 pound Airstream confidently, and I've towed it a long way and over the Rockies and though 100 temp deserts.

I do need some feedback:

Around town mileage is around 16.5. No lead foot, either and not in sport mode (which is awesome btw)

AND the TSB re new long block and or heads. I'll start checking for oil consumption, which I've not paid any attention to, nor the morning smoke issue.

I have noticed a knock coming from the bed somewhere, and it might be idling a tiny bit rough...

Love the vehicle and want to keep The Chief healthy for a long time.

Thanks

Shifty

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
welcome fellow booster, where are the pic hooked to the trailer?

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the TSB for the heads/block on the 2.7 was only certain early-ish models. 15-16.

·
Administrator
9,691 Posts
Been a while since I followed this, but I believe it started a certain month in '16 (after mine was built) and lasted into early '17 last time it was revised.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the TSB for the heads/block on the 2.7 was only certain early-ish models. 15-16.
Baaaaaaaaaaa

1 - 6 of 6 Posts