F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
I just recently traded in my 2004 Titan for a 2013 ecoboost. Cummins and Nissan had been working on a 2.8L and I was disappointed on the HP and TQ numbers. And then I hear this news 2 weeks after I traded in my truck!!!! Had I waited I'd be buying this. Oh we'll.

Sent from my iPhone using F150 EcoBoost App

·
Registered
859 Posts
Never been a huge Titan fan, but I hope Ford is ready to step things up if Nissan has a more powerful half ton truck.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Never been a huge Titan fan, but I hope Ford is ready to step things up if Nissan has a more powerful half ton truck.
Ford upped the playing field over the 2004+ Titan. It only took then till 2011 with the ecoboost. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using F150 EcoBoost App

·
Registered
873 Posts
I like ford but I really like cummins. My 5.9 was amazing. Ill be keeping an eye out on these. Biggest problem I see is the Titan sells approx 10k units a month per most articles on the new cummins/Nissan partnership. I don't know how they plan to absorb the extra cost of that Diesel engine. I'm assumin this was a major factor of why Chrysler went with their Italian, or whoever makes it, engine. They already build that engine for a ton of stuff and can spread its development and construction cost WAY around. That being said nothing beats a cummins and in my expensive have been worth the value. My last cummins I bought for x added 22k miles and sold for the same x. That c = value and dependability.

It would also be great to run in chryslers face if it make similar mileage but much better power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts