F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am runnin' slicks. These dad gum stock tires stink...and bald I'm ice scating in a light drizzle. I want to get new tires. I have followed this forum and read consumer reports, and discout tire, and Tire Rack and I cant think straight any more. I have a firestone near me, and they have always been good to me. I can order and go elsewhere, but I want the warrany and flat repair and all that. I think I want to stick with Firestone. They also have lifetime alignment so I can get the bilstein 5100's and put them on myself and they will realign for free.

I have had the Dueller Revo and loved them. Now they are the dueller 2. I think I am going with what I know in the Dueller. I want to go with 285/65 R18. However, I think the G2's look awesome, I want the lightning bolts facing out and I want Florida Georgia Line to be proud of me.

As I have said before, I hate how all tire reviews are subject to the use the owner puts on it. Like someone that offroads saying these two I have mentioned not being as good as some mud terrain style or something. So what I am wondering is if anyone has had both of these and can advise between the two. I drive over 15,000 miles a year on the road. Yes, I love the all terrain look. but for 1 mile of offroad a year, or 4 snow days this is not my concern. I want to focus on handling and wet traction. Possibly fuel mileage, but I think they are comparable there. I am not concerned with how many miles I get out of them, since firestone will warranty them. I think they both have a little road noise.

No reply will offend me, just post promptly. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I loved my toyo at/2's on my last f-150 which was a 2013 screw lariat, they were very good in wet traction, i tried to go through very deep water and hydroplane, and couldn't

mine were stock p275/55/20's, I didn't see a difference in mileage, they looked awesome, were quiet, and were also awesome in the winter. I live in Edmonton, AB, and winter traction is important. I also spun em up on the dry many many times and wear was awesome, as they looked like brand new almost with 15,000kms of very wreckless use, before I traded the truck in

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the performance shop i called recommended the at2

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The lack of responses tell me that no one is recommending them. Lol oh well. I like the service at Firestone. The Revo2 is going on Tuesday

·
Registered
114 Posts
The lack of responses tell me that no one is recommending them. Lol oh well. I like the service at Firestone. The Revo2 is going on Tuesday
You'll love the Revo2. If you go with 285/65/18 thats what I have and they feel and sound like H/T's with all terrain capabilities. Enjoy!

·
Registered
221 Posts
You should have looked at the OEM Hankooks as well. My FX4 Sport has them on the stock 20's. They seem like a pretty good tire so far. I haven't run them in snow yet but have in everything else and they have performed well with whatever I've thrown at them. It's all my neighbor at the farm runs on his trucks; he says they hold up better than any other tire he's run on gravel roads. He's been running the gravel roads for at least 60 years now.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You should have looked at the OEM Hankooks as well. My FX4 Sport has them on the stock 20's. They seem like a pretty good tire so far. I haven't run them in snow yet but have in everything else and they have performed well with whatever I've thrown at them. It's all my neighbor at the farm runs on his trucks; he says they hold up better than any other tire he's run on gravel roads. He's been running the gravel roads for at least 60 years now.
I certainly appreciate your response. I thank everyone that has.
The thing about tires is they all have different applications. I don't drive on gravel. Of 15,000 miles, maybe 20 a year on gravel. A few miles to go fishing or camping is all. So that isn't applicable to me.

I don't have the time or energy and no one would care if i did... Lol... But start a thread for "best road tire" "best snow tire" "best gravel" "longest lasting tire" "best mud" "best wet road" My point is that no one tire would fit as the best of all. Its going to be good in many, but not all.

Anyway, I dis want to try another brand, but I would be moving to a different garage to do it, OR Firestone wouldn't warranty. So that's why I went this way. I will keep you posted. Thanks everyone again.

Damn, i do like the looks of the nitto g2 with lighting bolts facing out.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And the Toyo AT2 was a contender... Oh well. I get to decide again in 2 years! Lol

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got the one size bigger. The truck feels like it sits higher, they look bigger... But i can't get this camera to do them justice

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still liking the Revo's?
The Revo2 has excellent wet traction. I selected them with that goal as a primary. Yes.
I think they look neat, a little bit of aggressive to them. Weight wasn't too bad for that.
They do have a break in period, they are riding much smoother now. I thought it was the E rated air pressure.

Yes, is the short answer. You do need to rotate them, religiously. I have a Firestone that will warranty if they don't make it 50k.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts