F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did my first oil change (FX4 eboost), not too hard once you find the drain plug:D. I noticed the front skid plate has an access hatch on it. After breaking a retaining clip, I gave up trying to figure out what it's for. Not the square plugs over the filter drain (not that I have those) but the metal panel in the middle of the skid plate. TIA!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I did my first about a month ago, definitley a little more involved than my previous gm vehicles a small price to pay for everything I love about my FX4.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any idea what the hatch might be for? It seems very intentional, I'd just need to figure out the trick to opening it or stock up on clips!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
900 Posts
I use to change my own oil until i had a warranty repair come up and they told me they needed proof of oil changes before they could warranty the work, So thats why i take the ecobeast to the Ford Dealership, That way they have all the records of all the oil changes and all maintance work done to the truck.. For the price it almost cant be beat. 5 quarts of MC oil and filter with tire rotation for $40.00

Reactions: Jlewis009

·
Registered
900 Posts
wish i wouldve got it, with the miles i put on mine im at the dealership every month and a half. Change it at 5k religiously

·
Registered
393 Posts
I decided to let the dealer do all my oil/filter changes on the ecoboost. Figure if I have any warranty issues it'll help me out some.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey guys. Sorry to bring back an old thread. I noticed the OP said he broke those metal retainer clips that hold the access panel to the front skid plate. I did the same today when trying to take that panel off (for no good reason at all except being bored waiting for the oil to drain). I a!m having trouble finding where to buy them. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Hey guys. Sorry to bring back an old thread. I noticed the OP said he broke those metal retainer clips that hold the access panel to the front skid plate. I did the same today when trying to take that panel off (for no good reason at all except being bored waiting for the oil to drain). I a!m having trouble finding where to buy them. Any ideas?

Your local dealership, Tasca or FordParts would be my guesses in order.
Buy 2013 Ford F-150 Parts | FordParts.com

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
I use fomoco approved keep my reciepts and log miles with photos to take in for dealer claims. figure my bases are covered! I also prefer to do my own work, so even if I had a warranty issue I might take it on myself anyway, except for a blown motor, eff that noise man!

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
I just go down to the local quick lube, I bring my own filter and oil from Walmart.

$22 for 5qt of Mobil1
$5 for filter

They charge $26 for the labor and also check and top off all my other fluids and and tires as part of the service.

Best part is I can be in and out of there in 20 min on a Saturday morning without an appointment. They also keep records of everything so makes it easy if I need to show proof of oil changes for warranty work.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I use to do the quick lube on my lower cars because I didn't want to deal with it but now that the truck is pre lifted for me it costs me total of 30 bucks or so for mobil1 full synthetic costco edition and a fuel filter.

Reactions: agentjohnson

·
Registered
900 Posts
I use to do the quick lube on my lower cars because I didn't want to deal with it but now that the truck is pre lifted for me it costs me total of 30 bucks or so for mobil1 full synthetic costco edition and a fuel filter.
Fuel Filter?? I thought the filter was in the tank?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Just did my first oil change (FX4 eboost), not too hard once you find the drain plug:D. I noticed the front skid plate has an access hatch on it. After breaking a retaining clip, I gave up trying to figure out what it's for. Not the square plugs over the filter drain (not that I have those) but the metal panel in the middle of the skid plate. TIA!
I broke that same plate it sounds like off roading, hit a tree stump and the panel poped off. I just zip tied it back and that was it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using F150 EcoBoost

1 - 16 of 16 Posts