F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NOOB from Richmon, VA 2014 FX4 (New Pics)

Well I finally caved, went with black at the last minute. I've been wanting an F150 for quite some time now.... and now was the time. Been driving a 2011 X5 Diesel loaded to the gills that I bought in sept of 2011 new. I needed a write off at the time so the X5 seemed great. Great SUV, quick and fast, but not as roomy as I thought it would be. Managed to rack up 47k miles in 29 months and my warranty and maintenance was up at 50k. $3600 for 36k mile warranty and $2200 for maintenance just didn't seem like the thing to do while not owning a truck. Plus I'm sick of buying diesel! I can't tell you how many times I've almost run out of gas because I couldn't find a station with diesel in the area I was in. So with a phone call to my accountant I started the hunt. Found a few new 13's and a 14 with 3200 miles being sold as new all with 3:55's. Then I found ebony and ivory a matching set of 14 FX4's with 3:73's. This was Saturday and I finally picked out my color today.... lol. I'm a gemini and making decisions can sometimes be extremely hard for me. Sticker was $52,800 got it for invoice $47k ish minus $2000 in rebates + they pretty much matched the zeigler warranty price for esp. Went with the 7/ 100 because I'm gonna lease another car to drive and split the milage.

I'm super excited to have a truck! I can't believe I went this long without one. I plan on doing intake, exhaust, tune, with a small lift, and 33's. Can't wait to see how this EB performs!

X5 Gone

EB FX4 here

Detailed, tinted, de-badged, and plastidipped emblems.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I was dead set on white and I just couldn't pull the trigger. Gonna miss driving the X5, but it just wasn't practical for my work, family, dog, and what I've put it through lol. Plus I'm leasing a WRX for work and I'm sure that will be much more fun to drive. Must get truck tinted ASAP!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good move! I did the exact same thing last September, traded in my trusty X5 35d for a 2013 Platinum EB. I haven't regretted it for a moment. The only thing I really miss about the X5 is the heated steering wheel!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Yea I was dead set on white and I just couldn't pull the trigger. Gonna miss driving the X5, but it just wasn't practical for my work, family, dog, and what I've put it through lol. Plus I'm leasing a WRX for work and I'm sure that will be much more fun to drive. Must get truck tinted ASAP!
Oooh post pics of the subie when you get it. My other ride is a 350Z

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Lol I'm thinking of getting a used subie. I want an older one they look better imo

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Welcome eH

Sent from my white iPad3 in a RED smart case using an app called Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good move! I did the exact same thing last September, traded in my trusty X5 35d for a 2013 Platinum EB. I haven't regretted it for a moment. The only thing I really miss about the X5 is the heated steering wheel!
Thats so funny! The heated steering wheel is the best! But I have A/C seats now, and a bed! lol just waiting on spring now.......

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
15k would last me about 4 months :(

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Very nice '14, welcome

1 - 15 of 15 Posts