F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While we are still debating between a 24ft SeaRay or a CC I want to get my new 3.5 EB XL STX (with 3.55 and max tow package) ready for the task. Who here has tried Timbrens and Sumo springs side by side. Are either of them affecting the road handling of the empty truck? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Don't know about testing side by side, but I have the SumoSprings on mine. When I'm not towing the ride is same as before. The SumoSprings do not touch the rear axle. When trailer is hooked up ride feels the same. I don't notice any difference, rides smooth. Because I raised the front of my truck, didn't want the rear to sag. So, with travel trailer hooked up both are level. They were also easy to install for me.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Gap is about 1/2" or so. Very smooth as far as me knowing it's engaged. The bed rug is good for my old knees. Makes loading/unloading stuff easier. cleaning easy with a shop vac too. Held in place with velcro, tailgate too. Last truck had the factory spray in bed liner, liked that. With a plastic liner, might get stuff moving around more...

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
1,338 Posts
I hate my plastic liner.
Sumo springs look neato 👍🏼

Reactions: Poppy58

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, looks like bed rug it is. It will have a tonneau cover so that should keep it clean. I don't intend on hauling construction material, suitcases and coolers more likely.

·
Registered
69 Posts
2018 Lariat screw. 3.5 I bought the HD Sumo springs. Super easy to install.
I chose not to use the spacer and that gives me about a inch before the springs hit the axal. Gives me a smooth ride while not loaded or towing. Yet while loaded and or towing, truck sits level. While towing my TT the springs help a lot. I also use a WD hitch.
Would highly recommend Sumo Springs. Great product. Install it, NO worries! Done Deal!
Liked them so much bought my son a pair for his 2016 F150 too!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'll have to recommend that to my brother in law. He has a 2015 and went the sumo spring route (I went with the monroe load adjust shocks.). He loves the sumos when towing but hates them when unloaded and physically removes them when he's done towing/camping. I suspect he does not have that 1/2" gap you guys are talking about.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'll have to recommend that to my brother in law. He has a 2015 and went the sumo spring route (I went with the monroe load adjust shocks.). He loves the sumos when towing but hates them when unloaded and physically removes them when he's done towing/camping. I suspect he does not have that 1/2" gap you guys are talking about.
Did he install the spacer that comes with it? I did at first and found it was contacting the axel even unloaded. Removed and all is good.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'll have to ask - thanks for the tip.

Also, apologies for reviving a 27 day old thread. Didn't realize a post only a few lines from the top would be so old lol!

·
Registered
69 Posts
2018 Lariat screw. 3.5 I bought the HD Sumo springs. Super easy to install.
Every day drive, no load. Just like stock truck. Smooth.
Loaded... very little sag, a little stiff but not to the point where its rough ride. Great product! No air loss. Highly recommend!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well, looks like bed rug it is. It will have a tonneau cover so that should keep it clean. I don't intend on hauling construction material, suitcases and coolers more likely.
I’ve hauled hydraulic cylinders for repair and leaked oil on my bed rug, dumped dirt. Pressure wash and done. Ready to lay jackets, suitcases, whatever. The bed rug is pretty awesome. BUT, if I did it again, I’d do a plastic liner with the bed rug “mat”- if you do heavy loading. I’d like that extra bit of protection. Had something put a small ding in the bed through the bed rug. Also, pallets are a night mare when the forks aren’t long enough and they want to push/drag it-IT DOESN’T. I usually have to put a piece of card board underneath. I figure with the Mat style, I could temporarily move it in those circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts