F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Rockauto. And yes, it says 190 on their site, but it's a 180 stat. Even stamped that way.

As far as orange, there's a zillion threads on Google. Short story is that it has a tendency to create sludge and that sludge tends to go straight to the heater core... an expensive and time-consuming fix. Supposedly, yellow doesn't do that. You can mix yellow and orange but, when I did my stat, I dumped everything out I could, flushed with VC-1, flushed 3x with distilled water, then refilled the system with yellow concentrate and distilled water to get to the proper mixture (since it's effectively impossible to empty the entire system) which I confirmed with a refractometer. I'll be doing my wife's Explorer the same way in the near future.
Alright as for the part number will that fit a 2017 2.7? And i didnt know about the orange coolant that new news to me guess you learn something everyday

Reactions: butthead

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I don't know about the 2.7. I thought they were the same, but I'd encourage you to verify.
What year truck do you have and i assume you have the 3.5?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
What year truck do you have and i assume you have the 3.5?
10-4 and yes itll fit just double checked. Now i gotta find one cause rock auto doesnt carry them anymore

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yep, 2018 3.5EB.
10-4 just double checked it will fit, and i looked into the coolant thing and i guess it wouldnt hurt to do just gotta find a brand that is p-oat coolant

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
10-4 just double checked it will fit, and i looked into the coolant thing and i guess it wouldnt hurt to do just gotta find a brand that is p-oat coolant
I'm all for improving parts where possible. IMO, Motorcraft Yellow is the best way to fly. I got a case of 6 gallons of concentrate from Rockauto for $83 to do mine and the wife's ride.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Oh, and worth mentioning... MC Yellow is a crapton more expensive at the local auto parts store. I didn't look at dealer prices.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts